Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

help with removing cd's from factory radio

Hi, my friend recently installed an aftermarket headunit from her Lexus IS and forgot to remove the cd's from her factory headunit. In the back of the headunit (where the harness plugs in) there are pins and if u look closely in the back, they are numbered, can someone please tell me what numbers are positive and ground so i can turn it on and remove the cds. thanks

also, if u need a pic to see what im talking about with the numbers, let me know

Originally posted by akkord

Hi, my friend recently installed an aftermarket headunit from her Lexus IS and forgot to remove the cd's from her factory headunit. In the back of the headunit (where the harness plugs in) there are pins and if u look closely in the back, they are numbered, can someone please tell me what numbers are positive and ground so i can turn it on and remove the cds. thanks

also, if u need a pic to see what im talking about with the numbers, let me know

Take a pic of the rear of the unit and I should be able let you the + & -

akkord, their is an option to post pics here in the forum.. when you go to reply look at the bottom of the reply box and you will see the option "Browse" .. simply search for the pic and then upload

steve

Originally posted by akkord

yes, but i have never taken apart a lexus dash and a shop has made a custom trim around the new headunit that i dont want to mess up

OK, but I bet if you took the unit back to the dealer who fitted the replacement, he could get the new one out in about a second?!:bounce:

Originally posted by GRiM

Try taking the unit to your Lexus dealer and ask them to help. :?:

They can only say no. :(

Then bring out a chainsaw and threaten them with decapitation and tell them you know where they live, and you will come to their homes and slaughter all their children and their pets, if they don't get it sorted!!! :flaming:

But be polite. :sniff:

Good to see that you're still being wierd as hell Grimmer!!:lol::bounce::lol:

the dealer wont be able to remove the cd's unless they know the power connections - to open the radio is near impossible - when the have a faulty unit the cd's are returned about a week later by the company that repairs the units ( auto sound)

Right, just had a good look at the wiring diagram for both....i will scan them today & IF u2u me your email address then I will send them to you.

I take it I cant post something ive scanned on this thread due to copyright... Is this correct, moderators????