Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A Question To Ls 400 Owners

Hi all...me aircon works,but i think it could do with a re-gas...

Now if any one vent is open be it centre or side vent then i have cold air coming out of which ever ones open.If the two middle vents are open at the same time theres colder air coming out of the passenger one...ive got the aircon on with or without the auto button press...i get the same result...id say really i should have all cold air coming out of all vents if there all open at the same time...anyone?

Yep, thats what happens with mine!

It just does what it says on the buttons and all evenly.

Yesterday (first time this year) got into my car to come home from work, its been in the sun all day, temp reading 22 outside (about twice that inside!), turned on A/C to reduce temp in the car and within about 5 minutes it was nice and cool....... it just works!

Cheers

Dave

That doesn't sound right to me. Perhaps one of the hoses behind the dash is damaged or worn out or leaking. Someone mentioned that A/C is supposed to cool entire car within 2 minutes. Any longer, and it's likely that something needs fixing. Or perhaps the LS400 is a different kettle of fish?

Update.....

I checked the timing tonight after another warm day, and it took less than 2 minutes (not 5) to cool the car.

I'm with Maneesh here, you probably need your pipes behind the dashboard looking at, probably split and all that lovely cool air is being wasted!!

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again....just a update about the aircon...

I had the aircon serviced on thursday,cost me £70....im not sure what gas it had in it think by the cars age its R12...not sure.....picked the car up later that day and now ive got cold air coming out of all vents when there all open,so the system must have been low on gas.

So now im happy :D

The aircon now puts out colder air than before and cools the car quicker,so it was well worth the money....just need some hotter weather now to use it more.

On the Friday i went out in the car to get me dinner (chips :D ) and the car was hot inside from the sun shining on it,put the aircon on and it was just fantastic :D ;)

CHIPS, can you share the contact details re the re gas of your aircon?

are they 'down south'?

You could try Sharp's (I think thats what they are called) they are just around the corner from your cars second home in Bone Lane, not sure what they charge but I know they do air con.

I will try and get hold of Bob again as I don't think D managed it the other day, we have always used him and his workmanship is very good.

Yes please, re the Yate address/or contact phone no (and name of guy!). I live in Shirehampton. I have an old address in Keynsham, but think that Yate might be easier to get to!

Chris Skelton. LS400 series 3 owner