Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Oh My ***, Paint Work Is Hopeless

:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

My car is now just shy of 1 months old.

Already the bonnet had to be resprayed (FOC by the dealer)

Picked up my car last week after the respray, drove to Nottingham and back. Washed my car today, there were already 2 new stone chips on the bonnet and 4 on the bumper.

This is pathetic!! 300 miles on the motorway = 6 stone chips

Wondering if anyone had the 3M Xpel film installed? supposedly guard against stone chips.

Are they any good?

How much would they cost?

Whats your weapon againts stone chips, beside driving like an old lady?

cheers :)

you not the only one matey, i had my full resprayed, and already stone chips on the front skirt, i going to have it resprayed later on, but i also ordered some paint protection films from Foliatec, hopefully that will help...... :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::angry::angry::angry:

I think stone chips are just something we have to put up with and short of not driving the car at all, there isn't much we can do. I had my bonnet painted the same time I fitted the TTE front bumper and I have 2 chips on the bumper and one on the bonnet and I only really use the car at weekends :angry: :angry: :angry:

I think paint chips are just part and parcel of owning a car :crybaby: ,but what do's annoy me and is avoidable is the tipper lorries who pull out of the site they deliver to and just drive straight onto the motorway ,its like being shot with a machine gun i have replaced two windscreens on my van because of this and the bonnet is turning from blue to a nice shade of undercoat .they should have to wash them down everytime as this must cost car driver s bundles a year :angry:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links