Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Annoyed

Stu

I won an auction item from a guy on eBay, who was selling loads of the same item, over 4 weeks ago. He shall remain anonymous for now.

Basically he advertised that he accepted paypal payments, but when i tried to pay via paypal i couldn't, because his account was not set up. I eventually managed to pay via paypal 10 days after the auction had ended. He told me that the item would be arriving with me 10 -14 days after payment was recieved, and i still haven't got it (now 19 days). I emailed the guy this morning telling him i wanted the item or a full refund including any paypal surcharges i would incur for recieving payment within 7 days, or i would be contacting eBay about it.

What to do now though? I am fuming about this guy, i have never had such a :tsktsk: awful transaction on eBay before, and i will never be dealing with this guy again. His communications are :tsktsk: , his service is :tsktsk: , and now i'm getting really :tsktsk: off with it all.

if you want to know who it is, PM me, and i'll let you know, but for obvious reasons i won't be posting it publically until the transaction has been resolved.

Stu :tsktsk:

I hope it was not expensive, a common con on eBay is to spin the process out longer than 30 days, then you don't have a leg to stand on, and even now any claims you have will disapear into the ether :ph34r:

ok, his name is 'footyfan2004'

AVOID THIS SELLER AT ALL COSTS

and it was for a new England Rugby Shirt.

He'd better not have screwed me on this, i will not be happy.

Stu

I just got a reply to the email i sent him earlier today, he is not happy at all! He is accusing me of being impatient, and now telling me that the delivery time was not 10-14 days after recieveing payment, but 10-14 working days after payment has cleared. But surely as soon as payment arrives in your paypal account, it's yours, and all you have to do is send it out to your account, and thats what takes the time.

He is asking me how i dare to be throwing around threats of involving eBay to resolve this, when i could just wait a few days for the shirt to arrive. I actually gave him 7 days to get me the shirt, or a full refund plus the costs i would incur from paypal, or i would involve eBay.

I just replied to it, and i lost my rag when i was writing it, so it ain't a pleasant reply, although i did not actually call him anything, i just made it clear that the incompetencies were at his end, not mine.

I gave him the option of - i will not leave you feedback if the shirt or a refund arrives on time, and i expect the same from him (coz i know he'll leave me terrible feedback if i leave him any).

and after all that, i still got in touch with eBay about it! :P

What a *king t*s*er he is.

Let you know how it fares over the next few days.

Stu :driving:

why not contact paypal for a refund?

I did it on a guy and he soon sent the gear once he got the complaint.. rmemeber that they have to sign up using a credit card... so they will simply take the money off him if the problem is not resolved.

Shame a few Idiots tarnish Ebay....Maybe we should all suss something out, so that we can all leave negative feedback on those idots we find??

How about we compile a list of bad sellers over in gold?

Stu :driving:

If you leave him neg fback, he will simply do the same! I have stopped leaving neg fback for that reason as I have had ~250 pos transactions so not worth the risk.

I once was shafted on eBay by some guy who simply denied everything, eBay could do nothing about it - but he wasn't a longstanding member & I didn't use paypal then. All I did was register as a new member (then) on eBay & I then "won" everything he was selling & did not pay up or communicate with him!

You will be in trouble if he claims he has sent it to you & it got lost in the post!!

So, it is best to use paypal, use only members with a good record & to agree on postal issues...

Also, I've seen the eBay ad for those blue dash lights... anyone have reason NOT to trust this guy?