Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

"i Had A Lexus But Had To Take It Back.."

So, I was in my local last night and the subject of cars got raised. I mentioned my new Lexus IS200, yadda yadda, yadda.

The manageress overheard us chatting and said, "Oh yeah, we got one of those but I had to send it back" ....

:ohmy:

I was shocked, but I readied my arguments and many, many, reasons for keeping the car. I asked her why ... WHY would she send back such a well crafed, sleek bit of machinery ?

:unsure:

Her response ? "I had to, I had to send it back - it was too fast"

... there's nothing you can say to that. She ended up swapping it for some noncey Audi Diesel thing ... Pffff... What can you say ?

Her response ? "I had to, I had to send it back - it was too fast"

... there's nothing you can say to that. She ended up swapping it for some noncey Audi Diesel thing ... Pffff... What can you say ?

....you could drive a skyline...but it will only go as fast as the driver drives it!!

Like we ever do that :whistling:

Was on the M1 the other day and wondered why everyone was so slow - that's the problem with cars like this, they settle out as you speed up. When I hit a tonne in the Megane you knew about it but this feels great at a tonne (and the rest)..

Keep my eye on the speedo a lot more now though........

The IS does feel like it's going quicker than it is though - a few times I've had people ask me to slow down and they were amazed when I told them what the specs were on paper.. My Megane and Punto HGT were quicker on paper but didn't feel as quick 0-60 - I think the noise makes a big difference as well to the experience. My mate thought he was in a plane about to take off! Show's how much difference the sonics made to the experience (we were only trundling off the roundabout!)

Wonder what they'll be saying when all the mods are fitted hehe :devil:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links