Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Do I Look Out For?

I am considering part ex my current IS 200 SE Manual for an 02/2002 model. This time I am going for the auto with the SAT NAV.

What do I have to look out for? I am buying from Lexus Woodford. How good is their service in general?

Is this a wise move?

I've never driven a manual, but the 0-60 time indicates that it is considerably faster than the auto, so i guess that would be my main concern about moving from a manual to an auto

i have a 2002 '02' and havent really had any problems except for silly things like the boot not lifting up itself, and the calipers corroding, but they were replaced under warranty anyway so as the cars still under warranty, theres not much to worry about

although you could ask to have the satnav dvd replaced, cos my car has the 2001 version in it, so if that ones the same, its quite dated now

Ive got a sport and I had a LE auto for a day from lex woodfood. I can honestly say I didn't really notice the diffrence in acceleration that much, mabey a little.

As for woodfords service I've always found it to be top notch!#

BUT

If you can afford the IS300 theres no doubt thats the one to go for, I HATE autos but I'd have a IS300 tommorrow! :D

I went from a manual to an auto and didn't really notice the difference in perfomance. Since I'm now on my second auto I can only say I much prefer it over the manual. If you can afford a 300 go for it because the performance is a lot better, the gearbox is smoother, it is quieter and I have a theory the fuel consumption under normal driving conditions is better.

I say this because we had one on loan from the dealer for a week whilst our new 200 arrived and it appeared to use less fuel and that silly fuel consumption guage always pointed at higher numbers. Autocar also found the 300 to be more economical ( look in the summaries in the back of any recent mag ).

I bought my is200 se auto from lex woodford (my 1st lex) and have found them to be very good.

If i was going to replace mine i would try and go for the 300,the economy isnt much difference but the performance and smoother engine is much better

john

Since I've changed from an IS200 SE Auto to the IS300 my fuel consumption has dropped quite a bit (about 5-6mpg). However, this is because I find myself taking every opportunity to open up that smooth sweet 3 litre engine :whistling:

I you can stretch to it I would try and get the IS300. The IS200 Auto is a very relaxed drive, a great cruiser, but I always found the andrenelin overload a little too much when overtaking :crybaby:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links