Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tte S/c + Nos

maferga

How many of you IS200 owners have installed a NOS system while having the TTE supercharger, WITH the TDI boost upgrade ?

How many HP of NOS do you handle ?

What are the pobabilities of engine failure ?

How long have you had it, and how often do you use it ?

Please be the most explicit that you can.

How many of you IS200 owners have installed a NOS system while having the TTE supercharger, WITH the TDI boost upgrade ?

How many HP of NOS do you handle ?

What are the pobabilities of engine failure ?

How long have you had it, and how often do you use it ?

Please be the most explicit that you can.

No one as far as I'm aware, there are cars with regular TTE + NOS or TDi boost & No NOS. I don't know of any cars with both.

Mark at Tdi is very technically minded...He is only a phone call away and seems to be very helpfull on all aspects of tuning.

I have the TTE SC with a planned 50Bhp NOS install with minimax progressive controller I might go for the 75 Bhp jets at a later stage.

Steve for me Mark is not just a phone call away. I live in the Dominican Republic, it's a bit far away...

Do you have the standard TTE S/C polley, or do you have the TDI S/C upgrade kit ?

If not maybe is about the same that I have now the TDI polley upgrade and only use @ 25-40 HP of NOS ??

I believe that the most the upgrade gives is about 15HP, at the most.

Hey .... Sorry for the misconfusion of your location.

I have the standard pulley on my SC system.

However what I have found talking to some NOS people in the know is that all systems firstly installed has to be tested.

Initially when my NOS install is complete, I gather I will be running the 25bhp jets and carry out the standard checks of the engine sound, spark plugs etc...

Even when upgrading the jet size, the testing results will also tell you which ratio to go with the larger fuel jets too, as sometimes the ratio between the NOS and the fuel jets do not change upward the same ratio.

The main reason I know I can go 50bhp is because Dave Ellen has been running the NOS in his car for some time and miles now.....

I would recommend a progressive controller for smoother delivery of NOS.

I found some usefull information the the high power web site, on the forums too, as many users there will expalin on various different cars and applications.

Can I ask which NOS kit you are going for?

I have already bought the classic "wet system" from NOS.

I haven´t thought of the progressive controller since it´s a bit expensive ??

Maybe I can investigate if my system could be functioned by this progressive controller and then I may be on a safer side.

Thanks for your support !!

I have already bought the classic "wet system" from NOS.

I haven´t thought of the progressive controller since it´s a bit expensive ??

Maybe I can investigate if my system could be functioned by this progressive controller and then I may be on a safer side.

Thanks for your support !!

Hi,

Definately go for the progressive controller/minimax..........it'll help protect the engine/gearbox etc from the strain................

However I'd say with your spec adding NOS may be unwise without uprating the conrods & pistons..........I'm having them done my self (all steel) I'll then get some 100 bhp nozzles.

Hope it helps

will need sumink to keep up with me ek dave...lol

A Cosworth :lol:

Still thinking about Noz

funny you should say that,, i err saw a cossy last night,, unbadged, so could have been a sierra with a turbo...

he had one of them flaming zaust one,, but anyways, there wasnt much in it ;) :ph34r: and if the nos was running.. well..

We haven't done any testing on stage 1 with Nitrous so I can't offer you any hard data.

We do know that stage 1 without nitrous is fine, and the standard compressor system with nitrous with 50hp shot is fine.

Maybe you can be the 1st person to do it and let us know how it works out?

We will be doing Dave E's car in June with a stage 2 pulley and nitrous, but this will have strengthed internals.

What were the static test results on the 25Bhp jet set and 50Bhp jet set on Dave's car then Mark? What did the RPM go up to on the 25's and 50's?

The first static test with 50Nitrous and 20Fuel jets (STD 25Bhp jets) and how you determined the 50Bhp jet sizes? Nitrous and Fuel and what numbers are on them and why you went for that combination?