Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hd To Call The Rac...

Parked my car at work for 2 days and when i returned,jumped in turned the key...nothing :angry: so i phoned for the RAC to come out,the guy turned up and immediately charged the Battery and all was fine....horray?

I was a bit suspect as i've left the car b4 for a week or more and had no problems.

So today was a bit of investigation work,first place to start was the drivers window as this failed a week ago,and my mate found the fault,the last operation was to close the window and the switch failed while it was in the closed position and is still drawing current from the switch so it was the control panel on the drivers door as all the other functions were working fine(and still are)!!!,so it looks like i need a new one,no doubt these are not going to be cheap so its a call to Lexus first thing Monday morning as i'm not happy that after only 2 yrs of ownership such an important component has failed(or am i using the drivers window to much) ?.... unless anyone has one for sale :whistling:

Might be worth pulling out the full closure mate before you speak to Lexus so they don't get a chance to blame that.

I use my drivers window loads though fella, I was knackered when I had my front tints done as I couldn't use them for a week - couldn't go to KFC drive thrus and lost nearly a stone that week!

I wont be taking the car to them to have a look.

Like i said he disconnected the F/C and with the tests he did it proved to be the drivers switch broke in the up position so it was still running a current through which is why the Battery failed.

But all is well now,just need to get a control panel.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links