Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Wheels And Vibration

ever since i had my faulty wheels swapped out for some refurb ones ive had a vibration at around 60

went back to dealer and had all wheels rebalenced but prob still there

ant ideas?

was thinking they had swapped tyres around onto different wheels but could this really make a difference?

Hi!

I had this problem in winter after a drifting session.

Some snow was frozen on the inside of the alloy wheels and at 100kph or such the whole car was shaking as I would drive over concrete-ribs like on a testing area.

I stopped and cleaned them... meaning I put all the snow away and after this it was OK.

Sometimes I also thought my wheels where unbalanced, but then I noticed that the streets are non-planar sometimes.

Drive around on other streets and every speeds.

Does it get worse when you accelerate to higher speeds, or does it disapear then, or does it feel same as at 60mph??? :unsure:

Whoever balanced them should know if they are bent or not.

Like BESTY says, alloys have to be balanced properly. Some tyre fitters only balance to one side, i.e. they only stick the weights to either the inside or outside of the wheels and AFAIK they should be on both sides. I think they do this to save on the weights.

As for the tyres being swapped around, I don't think this should matter. It really sounds like a balancing issue.

Gavin :)