Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gutted

Quick Update -

Spoke to the insurers and they are happy to let me get the car sorted at a garage of my choice. The process will now take a lot longer. I have to take the car to a Lexus garage to get a quote. This will go to the insurer, who will then send a loss assessor to look at the car and confirm that the quote is acceptable.

Quick Update -

Spoke to the insurers and they are happy to let me get the car sorted at a garage of my choice. The process will now take a lot longer. I have to take the car to a Lexus garage to get a quote. This will go to the insurer, who will then send a loss assessor to look at the car and confirm that the quote is acceptable.

Sorry to hear about you incident...bummer....Yep...it will take longer but at the end of the day it will be done to your level of satisfaction...no point having it done quick if its going to be a :tsktsk: job...hope it gets sorted soon

Some prat hit my LS400 today, by reversing on a mini-roundabout. Don't ask why!

This thread very useful, never thought about taking pictures of the scene and the car. Cheers for the heads up. I'll give that a go.

will take longer but at the end of the day it will be done to your level of satisfaction...no point having it done quick if its going to be a :tsktsk: job...

If only it were that simple ...

Most Lexus dealers won't have their own repair facilities so sub the work out.

They have 'approved' repairers in a similar fashion to the insurers.

Pre agreed labour rates, certain facilities, this or that brand of paint etc etc.

Might find Lexus 'approved' repairer also on insurers 'approved' list - worth asking.

Knowing a skilled repairer is better than any amount of tick box 'approvals'.

First glad you are Ok.

I was insured by DL afraid bad experience.

Accident 1: WOULDN'T let work be doen at Lexus. To**er* in Salford who did work used have a tank of fuel, were 4 days late and left a mobile phone head set. Despite denying using may car they did refund £30 for fuel, yeah big deal!

Accident 2: Was sorted quicker and I insisted didn'y go back to previous place and they agreed. No problems.

Not sure this helps? :duh:

Most Lexus dealers won't have their own repair facilities so sub the work out.

Is that true, edgware road said they had they're own bodyshop on site and they aren't very big so i assumed they all do (at least the ones in london)

I agree though, best to use a Lexus bodyshop because if there is a problem, its going to be far easier to have sorted. At the end of the day, anyone can make a mistake, its then rectifiying it thats important. Having experienced the directline service a few times in the past, it has been really shoddy to say the least, and they don't seem to be too bothered about sorting it out either.

Damer - A few people on this thread have confirmed that you can insist on your car going to a garage of your choice. In my case DL were sympathetic and havent raised objections to this choice of mine except for a weak attempt to sway me in the direction of their 'approved' body shops.

TonyGoose - I agree that there might be an overlap between Lexus approved bodyshops and insurer approved bodyshops. When approaching the bodyshop thru Lexus the bodyshop works under instructions from the dealer (therefore, indirectly the car owner). The same body shop will work under instruction from the insurer when approached thru the insurer. In case of going directly to Lexus, you have the added protection of being able to escalate any issues to Lexus GB (whatever thats worth). My expereince with Lexus has been good so far. I work in the financial services industry and I dont trust them. Its quite as simple as that.

Just my two-pence.

My Lexus body shop experience was with the Octagon group. They own the Lexus and Toyota dealers in Reading, Bracknell and Slough. The Reading and Bracknell dealers share a body shop at Toyota Bracknell. The car was valeted, I got an IS200 as courtesy car free of charge and the receipt was headed Lexus, not Toyota. There was an issue with the paint finish but they happily painted it a second time.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links