Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Printer Needed

d3fy

All,

I need a printer for printing Photos only, it will not be used for really anything but photos, what do you suggest?

Budget is around £100. And my shortlist so far is,

Canon Bubble Jet i455

HP Deskjet 5150

Epson Stylus Photo R200

Any one got one of these?

Thanks

Epson printers always do well in photo tests.

Worth getting one with individual colours otherwise it gets expensive if just one colour runs out.

Just make sure you have some spare's as I found out if one colour runs out it shuts the whole printer off, so if your yellow is out and you only want to use black your out of luck.

I have just purchased a full set of new cartridges for £19.99 the are compatibales and so far seem to be working well. (The black on it's own is £29.99 and the three colours are £12.95 each).

I have the HP 5550 and its a great printer for pics.

Bout 40 notes for replacement carts.......but even though they are small carts.im impressed how far they go (at least for me)

It could be worth giving http://www.pixmania.com/uk/uk/index.html

I just bought a new Cannon 895i from them and saved on the UK list price.

My Views are HP are good but if you are printing photos you must go for seperate colours as you will be able to see which colour needs changing the most. In a recent which test Canon swept the board

They recomended Canon i560 – £89 from branches of Jessops

I have used most brands from HP to Lexmark and out of them for Colour I found Epson or Canon to be the best.

If the budget can stretch to 895i I recomend it plus it can print on to CD's and has all the bits to do the standard sized photo paper without the need to cut after printing.