Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Teins With Edfc Fitted Today.. Problems!

Well I finally got my Tein Coilovers fitted today Hooray!!, got them all wired up with the control box sitting under my dvd rom drive in the center console under the trac and seat buttons. I wired up the illumination, perm power, acc power and ground up to the wires on the stereo.

switched on the EDFC control box and I got an error message.

Front EE rear 12

I checked the motors on the front both of them can turn freely when using a screwdriver on the tiny screws.

checked all the cables and connectors

tried again same thing

I unplugged the front motors from the EDFC box same thing again Front EE rear 12

I unplugged the rear motors and plugged in the front ones and i got Front EL rear 12. very strange.

without anything plugged into the EDFC box other than power I get the same EE error message for the front motors.

anyone else had this problem?

I checked the fuse 5A on the EDFC wiring.all ok

it powers up correct and the LCD dimms when the cars lights come on so I assume thats connected correctly. do you think the EDFC box is fubar? or maybe that not enough power is getting to it via the radio loom??

So near but yet so far

but here's a PHOTO of how my car looks now lowered :) Ignore the plonker sat in the car thats just me.

one more thing.

Maybe the EDFC box just needs a reset?

is there a way to reset it other than by pulling out the power wire on the back? the PDF manual I downloaded didnt mention anything about a way to Reset it

Car looking good Brett, about time you put the body kits on? as for the EDFC, i know that whenever you disconnect the Battery it will reset to F 00/R 00, and you have to reset the setting again, not sure if that will help...

you have to remove the power to reset the box, be it via the Battery or pulling the edfc power connector.

i dont recall seeing this error message, what does the manual say it means, or doesnt it..

very strange,, all was working well..

plug all the servos in and then do a reset, see what happens..

EE means an error on both sides, EL is left and ER is right.

You can reset the unit by holding down the power button for 2 seconds.

Manual is here if you don't have it:

http://www.tein.com/ti/inst/edfcu.pdf

Is there anything you dont know Colin? you are amazing B) B) B) B) B) , the title of Knowledgebase Master fitted you perfectly matey... B) B) :) :) ...sorry i know its :offtopic:

I fixed the problem today, problem was the stereo wiring could not provide enough power. rewired the ACC power to the cig lighter and all is running fine now :)

only problem Im having now is that the car is too low and my zorst is hitting things. also the ramps at my local tyre fitter are too high to get the car on now....

only problem Im having now is that the car is too low and my zorst is hitting things. also the ramps at my local tyre fitter are too high to get the car on now....

Lol, take the spare wheel out that will make the car abit higher, im doing that soon with my.... :lol::lol::lol::whistling::whistling::whistling: hehe, you should see me in Hull on Sunday with those stupid speed bumps..... :whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling: