Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Fog/tail/brake Light Query

Hey there all,

On my newly imported Altezza I, with regard to the rear lights I have a query: -

On my car, wIth tail light switch in the ON Position - the two centre lights a (on the boot lid) are illuminated.

With brake pedal depressed - all five light illuminate (both rear cluster, both boot light and high level brake light)

At present one of my reverse lamps is my fog light.

What I want to know is, on a Lexus IS200, what lights are illuminated when the lights are on, I.e. should it be the inner ones (on boot lid) or the outer ones (on clusters)?

Cheers for your help,

Russel

Well,

Just got my Altezza up the road and checked out the rear lights.

It looks like both my outer side light bulbs at the rear were blown (but the brake light part of the buld was fine), thats why only the inner light on the boot lid lit up when on side lights.

Phonedrome - I'll post up a wee pic once I get hold of replacement bulbs (tomorrow) of my rear fully lit up!

Now, am I better converting the inner light to Brakelight/foglamp (like UK) or leave them as Jap standard Brakelight/sidelight.

At present one of my reverse light is my fog light which looks a bit naff.

Wotcha fink?