Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Blitz Lowering Springs & Apexi World Sport Dampers

aido

Just looked on eBay and see Scott has some Blitz lowering springs for sale - any of you guys got these fitted?

I've read DaveEllen's comments in http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...topic=12570&hl= saying that the coilovers are much better but I don't want to spend too much more on the car at the minute (she's wiping me out!) - although saying that I have looked at the Apexi world sport dampers (assuming these are coilovers?!) - anyone got those fitted?

I guess the options are the Eibachs, Spacs or these since the HKS ones are discontinued.

Any comments on what these are like compared to stock (well to the old -10mm Sport springs) - from various comments on the other springs the ride is slightly firmer but not really noticable on motorways (although I don't do that much motorway driving at the minute)

I'm also bearing in mind that I'm having a set of those TRD anti roll bars and also looking at chassis braces front and back so can't lower too much otherwise I'll be scraping everything!!!

Thanks in advance

Thanks Mark, forgot about that - according to the Blitz site these are for the SXE10 (RS200) - I'm assuming they'd fit but wouldn't be optimal on the IS200.

I looked at WS Dampers as there are some for $600 on eBay at the mo, unfortunately, only the height is adjustable, the stiffness isn't :( It won't work for what I'm planning to do.

I can give you the link to eBay if your interested

Just found them Yemgi, thanks for the heads up, would never have looked on there (keep forgetting about the US side!)

I'm a nobend - I've started looking at the Tein kit with a vested interest now - $1,350 without EDFC box - just off to look see how much they are now!

I hadn't done to be honest mate, are you happy with them?

I hadn't realised at first the EDFC only controlled damping in the car (guess the clue was in the name) - I thought it would also control height as well - d'oh!

Might give coilovers a miss as the car was scraping the other day on a couple of the speed bumps at work and that's with it lowered only 10mm (they're pretty major and I am a fat knacker!!)

• 1 month later...

OK I'm bringing this thread back from the dead, since the charger has been fitted and the roll bars etc the car still feels a bit dodgy when cornering at speed - I'm now looking at two kits, the Tein CS and the Tein Flex.

I've done a load of searching the past couple of days but can't seem to get a definitive answer on these.

Some say the Flex at the softest setting are about the same as stock and at firm are very firm, whereas I've seen other people saying that the Flex are almost as soft as stock at the hardest setting!

I've seen that the Flex's can make noises whereas the CS's are silent.

I'm looking to fit these up to an EDFC box as both are listed as compatible.

What is this I've read about the Flexs and bounce in the ride? Is this a major problem? I saw a post where someone was thinking about replacing the coilovers due to the bounce in the ride so I'm guessing it must be pretty bad?

I'd be looking to import as the US prices seem a match for the UK prices (ie $1,350 vs £1,350) - would the parts for the IS300 be a correct match for the UK IS200 or should I be buying from Japan?

Thanks in advance guys

From what I know, Fargo has the same coilovers on his 300 as I have got on my 200, the Apexi N1's. I think these are brilliant. I ride them on quite a firm setting and they corner superb, without being uncomfortable. Mine are set to the lowest setting possible without being illegal and I very rarely catch anything. Even going over the many speed bumps ( :tsktsk: things) in our area. Like i said to you before, do you want to borrow the 35mm drop springs for a while to see how it rides and make sure it doesn't catch too much before you shell out all that cash. :winky:

Possibly Jac thanks mate, I was thinking about this earlier and I've recently changed locations of where I'm based and there isn't one speed bump in the entire journey!

You'll have to take us out for a spin at some point mate so I can see what the difference is!

When you say set to the lowest possible setting without being illegal how do you mean? In terms of height?

Didn't realise you could go too low (without damaging your own car) in terms of the law? They've got ways to do you for everything nowadays!!!

In general, all the Japanese made IS300 coilovers are the same as the IS200 or Altezza coilovers.

Forgive me if Im a bit stupid :duh: but if the 300 stuff fits the 200 and tezza, then why dont the tezza stuff (as quoted earlier) fit the 200?

Im interested in this as this is going to be my next mod. I want to lower the car only about 25-30mm and stiffen the ride, but not too much.

When you say set to the lowest possible setting without being illegal how do you mean? In terms of height?

Yeah in terms of height. The law states that when the car is jacked up the suspension springs MUST be under compression. On the coilovers you can lower them by using the collar nut and this can be adjusted past 'the point of compression' so that the spring is loose but still compressed when it is on the floor :blink::blink: If you know what I mean ;) (Legal in some countries)

In general, all the Japanese made IS300 coilovers are the same as the IS200 or Altezza coilovers.

Forgive me if Im a bit stupid :duh: but if the 300 stuff fits the 200 and tezza, then why dont the tezza stuff (as quoted earlier) fit the 200?

Im interested in this as this is going to be my next mod. I want to lower the car only about 25-30mm and stiffen the ride, but not too much.

coilovers can be height adjusted and sometimes the stiffness can be adjusted as well, this will compensate somewhat the differences between the weight of the IS300 vs IS200 and Altezza.

Many people do install the Altezza springs on a IS200 (similar weight as the Altezza) or IS300 (heavier than an Altezza) without problems.

Most of these springs are tested/optimized for the Altezza, but it does not mean that they won't fit the IS200 or IS300. The ride, however, may be a little bit different, and installing Altezza springs on an IS300 will probably lead to a bigger drop of the front.