Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pleased So Far.

Well i've had my car about six months but have only done some jobs on her over the last 3 weeks. jobs so far inc...

1) repainting inside of wheels ( gets rid of all the brake dust thats eaten into the paint).

2) Painted brake hubs grey.

3) Painted calipers blue,

4) Added gold caliper stickers ( Cheers Scott :D )

5) Oil and filter change,

6 )Replaced front brake pads ,

7) fitted a set of mudflaps.

Lexus_at_Brands_001.sized.jpg

I've replaced the front brake pads with Blueprint-ADL items, and i'm very pleased to say i no longer have brake dust problem :) , which is great new ( no need to clean the wheels every other day B) .

Bob.

you have been busy with the old paint! makes a massive difference doing the calipers and hubs. looking good matey :)

I was actually gonna post about the brake dust........... I need to clean the wheels every second day else the car just looks scruffy. I'm obviously on the first set of pads (only 5,500 mls) so is this a problem with the stock pads? What should I get that'll solve the dust issue?

:unsure:

I was actually gonna post about the brake dust........... I need to clean the wheels every second day else the car just looks scruffy. I'm obviously on the first set of pads (only 5,500 mls) so is this a problem with the stock pads? What should I get that'll solve the dust issue?

After 3 years of brake dust eating into the paint,cleaning made very little diffrence,as we all know you only clean the outside of the wheel but its the inside the suffers, so a respray ( inside only ) was the only way to go.

As for what brand you can fit to stop the brake dust, i can only speak for the Blueprint-ADL ones, they are very good :) .

see... www.blueprint-adl.co.uk

old_and_new_wheel.sized.jpg

Did you do the re-paint on the inside of the wheels?

If so, what did you use to do it and get such a high quality finish? (and don't just say paint :P)

Stu

If so, what did you use to do it and get such a high quality finish? (and don't just say paint :P)

Stu

Stu, i used a can of wheel silver spray made by Comma, i only done the inner rims , each wheel took 3/4 hr to mask of the front face :o , i feel the end result was worth it :D .

As to the gloss on the wheels, i was spraying onto a very smooth and well cleaned surface, that's way you get the best finish .

I used wire wool to prepair the wheels ,this was done wet to keep the dust down. Now when i clean the wheels, i can push the sponge through to the back of the rims to keep them spotless :winky: .

Bob.

Stu

Stu, i used a can of wheel silver spray made by Comma, i only done the inner rims , each wheel took 3/4 hr to mask of the front face :o , i feel the end result was worth it :D .

As to the gloss on the wheels, i was spraying onto a very smooth and well cleaned surface, that's way you get the best finish .

I used wire wool to prepair the wheels ,this was done wet to keep the dust down. Now when i clean the wheels, i can push the sponge through to the back of the rims to keep them spotless :winky: .

Bob.

Cheers for that bud, i shouldn't need to be doing anything like that to mine for a while, as the wheels are only about 6 months old, but it's handy to know for the future!

Stu

I notice a nice shiney altezza grill too.... another mod to add to you list Bob!

I'd like to take the credit for that Zee, but it must just be the angle i took the photo, its a standard UK grill :D .

After 3 years of brake dust eating into the paint,cleaning made very little diffrence,as we all know you only clean the outside of the wheel but its the inside the suffers, so a respray ( inside only ) was the only way to go.

As for what brand you can fit to stop the brake dust, i can only speak for the Blueprint-ADL ones, they are very good :) .

see... www.blueprint-adl.co.uk

old_and_new_wheel.sized.jpg

a man after my own heart..lol spraying is good spraying is fun... good job my man..

you cant beat a can of spray in ya hand.. well actually you can but i wont go into that on here..lol

craig

craig, if your a "Spray Can Man ",get yourself some Comma waxoil , can be sprayed on the underside of the car and also on suspension parts to stop them rusting B) .