Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

how do you get the c/c pamel out of the car  :ph34r:

Pretty straightforward requiring basic tools, most panels and fittings are the snap in type, remember that our cars are built not to rattle so although gentleness is required you have also to be firm.

Use an insulation tapped wide, flat bladed screwdriver on the 'wood trim' at the rear of the gear selector, go in gently from the lever recess lift up and remove by sliding backwards out of the forward clips.

Pull out the ashtray gently and disconnect electrics, the multi connectors have security tangs to prevent accidental disconnection, so push down on the tabs to pull apart.

Pull out the air distribution vents I usually have to encourage these with taped up screwdriver, and disconnect hazard switch.

The whole radio and climate controls are then held in by 4 obvious screws, undo and pull units out , seperate climate control by undoing screws on the side, disconnect electrics, don't forget security tangs and remove.

When I have removed them in the past sometimes the metal clips stay in the recesses remove them before they drop into the transmission tunnel and are lost, replace these on refitting of your unit with new clear LCD screen!! which is straightforward and the reverse of the above.

To help you I have detailed photos showing the placements of the clips screws etc so you will know just where to apply correct pressure, email me direct and I'll return them.

Regards,

Chris Vince

• 2 weeks later...
Chris

Are you able to post your contact details?

thanks

Adrian Tate

adrian@thetates.org

well thanks to Chris Vince ive now got a working clock and c/c temp display,sent it to him thursday for delivery friday he was good enough to work on it over the weekend and was sent back to me to install monday AM.First time in 18 months ive been able to see the time and c/c temp.Im well pleased

Andy

• 4 years later...
let me into the secret - what are the couple of buttons you press. My aircon LCD works but the clock is black, didn't know about the diagnostic buttons.

LS400 - 1994

Nice looking motor tony, what wheels are they mate?

Going back to greybeards query as to why the compressor won't run when no errors

are showing, this is normal when it needs regassing etc.

The compressor is prevented from running, presuably to prevent damage when the a/c system is empty.

mine was the same, works fine after regas.

Tip: Get a proper aircon firm to do it, the quantities of refrigerent are critical and the system needs evacuating before new refrigerant is added.[ There is a small amount of special oil in there too, but this

is unlikely to need attention.]

it's not a five minute job, allow a couple of hours...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links