Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help Bad Judder

All, today I was driving up the motorway at about 70Mph, I had been driving mind for about an hour before hand on motorway and normal roads, suddenly the steering wheel started to judder and it got worse to the point where the steering wheel was vibrating like a good'un. So I pulled over and luckily could get straight off on to the exit, so I pulled up went around the car checked all the wheels, looked OK. Gave them a tug, all fine. Got back in the car and drove for another 30 minutes no problem. Parked up all day. Coming home within 20 minutes of driving same thing, pulled over checked all OK, set off again and all fine.

Any Ideas?

This could be a red hearing but when I pulled onto the motorway I had to break to get in, not hard but the car/brakes juddered like it was about to stall really bad, then it was fine? Last time I felt anything like this was a stuck caliper and I could see it was stuck because of the amount of smoke coming of the wheel, this was on another car.

Any chance some WD40 on the Calipers might sort it, or am I off to Lex Sheff in the morning? :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

i think i'd be off to lex just to let em check it out mate.

when you say it juddered like a bad stall do you mean it just juddered and the engine was ok or was the engine about to cut out too?

The only thing I ever had like this mate was when the undercover on the car was cracked and when I hit higher speeds (>80) the car would shake and make a right old rumble - undercover was replaced for about £160 inc labour and problem disappeared (touch wood)

Checked all the wheels nuts all nice and tight, taking in to Lex Sheff on Monday to have a look, could be a binding caliper.

Thanks All, will let you know.