Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello All!

hello all!

well i finaly sold my little 1.2 punto and now im looking for something a bit better, not exactly hard i geuss :lol:

i have my eye's set on a black is200 s/se/sport. don't really matter to me what one but i would preffer the s as im only 21 and the insurance will be cheaper as i found out!

if anyone knows of someone sellin one or if you have one for sell then pm me please.

i have been going to blackbushe car auction and have seen loads go through but the price change with every one £7500-£12,000.

i have big plans for the lexus including hydraulics, chrome wheels, supercharger and massive ice install, that is if i can actualy find one :unsure:

Jason.

Firstly welcome to the club, and secondly, go GOLD, you won't regret it!

Now with regards to the car, I got my 's' model when i was 22, and the insurance wasn't too bad really (and there's no real difference in premiums between 's' 'se' & 'sport' models), but when you start doing significant modifications to the cars, thats when the insurance companies rub their hands together.

You may also want to try our Buy & Sell section to see some of the members cars going up for sale, you may also want to try the lexus uk website, or even the autotrader.

Happy hunting, and welcome again!

Stu :driving:

Wise decision! :P

But as a rule go for a SE or a Sport, cos then you get the half leather & heated seats etc! Plus when it comes to re-selling it they have far better resale values.

Hope you find one mate!

welcome..

so hydraulics... hmm now that will kane your insurance i would think..i dont knmow of anyone else doing that mode, even over in the US..

would be interesting though.. are there any websites for such items.

as for the ICE you shuould have a word with Mr Singh on these boards, he has won some awards recently for his installs.

Insurance is weird tho as i found out when looking for my Lex... S/SE/Sport were not too much different in terms of premium (about £35 between the S and the Sport). But the Auto (which I eventually bought) was on average £100 less than the equivalent manual :duh:

I'm 25, live in a low risk Postcode, 7 years NCB, no convictions and my premium ended up at £434 with Direct line, although Tesco and Egg were pretty competitive also.

yes, i will go gold, but im going to wait until i own one before i do!

im 21 and i have been gettin quotes online from tesco, i know that there are cheaper companys but i have been taking there quotes as the average!

i have only 3 years no claims and the insurance on a s is £760 (tesco), i have looked into a company about importing one but i dont really want to pay the higher insurance, even though i can get the car cheaper as they imported my brothers toyota glanza 1.3t and will give me a bit of discount.

before i sold my punto i managed to rip out the ice so already have some that will be re-used in the lexus, i want loud but not LOUD. i have 2x alpine 10' R type subs, soon to be four :D and 3 Huge amplifiers, im thinking of gettin a kenwood headunit so i can get a kenwood keg.

About the Hydraulics, a mate of mine got in touch with a company called Shy Auto and they, Aparently, should be able to fit a hydraulic system that can independantly move the front and rear, fitted for about £1800. they can also the the airbag system, but i think the hydraulic one is prob better!

jason.

:zee: