Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nitrous Oxide

Here's a general question, but probably of most interest to the guys with NOS...

I thought, (and Colin, please correct me if i am wrong) that any vehicle carrying either compressed or flammable materials had to have a warning label on its rear??

This came to me today after following a van with a Green diamond stating it was carrying 'compressed gas'...

Now, isnt Nitrous Oxide compressed?

Isnt it also flammable?

Arnt you driving around with it in your boot?

So... by law, shouldn't you have the warning labels on your boot???

Here is the Highway code entry, but not exactly clear

Here are the different signs, but still no help

Here's a general question, but probably of most interest to the guys with NOS...

I thought, (and Colin, please correct me if i am wrong) that any vehicle carrying either compressed or flammable materials had to have a warning label on its rear??

This came to me today after following a van with a Green diamond stating it was carrying 'compressed gas'...

Now, isnt Nitrous Oxide compressed?

Isnt it also flammable?

Arnt you driving around with it in your boot?

So... by law, shouldn't you have the warning labels on your boot???

Here is the Highway code entry, but not exactly clear

Here are the different signs, but still no help

I'm pretty sure you have to carry the compressed gas warning sticker with Nitrous cylinders.

Nitrous Oxide is not a flammable gas though. It breaks down into Nitrogen and Oxygen when subjected to the high temperatures and pressures present in the cylinder during the compression stroke. The extra oxygen allows you to burn more fuel thus creating more power. Secondly, when the gas changes state from a liquid to a gas in the air intake, it reduces the air intake temperature massively, this makes the intake air more dense, again making more oxygen available for combustion. This is the same principle as putting an intercooler on forced induction cars. Cold air = more power

No, currently it is Legal to have a nitrous oxide system fitted and working when driving on the Queens Highway..

Assuming of course the insurance company is fully aware...

No, currently it is Legal to have a nitrous oxide system fitted and working when driving on the Queens Highway..

.......................and displaying the warning symbol

.......................and displaying the warning symbol

ahhhh....

So a warning symbol is required...

Cheers Mat!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links