Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

N/a Induction Kit Advise

TheDon

just fitted my TDi carbon fibre induction kit to my car today. got it from Fever so i had no instructions. got it to fit on but here are a few little questions:-

The induction kit is resting on the power steering fluid pipe, and needs the bonnet pushing to be shut, not to bad tho.

the air flow sensor! where does it go, my revs are sitting at idle at about 600 or so, dont want the mix to run too lean.

cheers guys.

but it does sound great! cant wait to have it together with the HKS hiper that will soon be on its way!

yes, the one i pulled out from the front of the box. looks like a large plastic spike. should i just lengthen the wires and drill a hole in the induction pipe? as the idle sites a lot lower than it used to and i dont want it to affect the fuel mix by lowering the fuel output

Yes that what you need to do. Otherwise it will think it's much warmer than it actually is.

You may find the rpm will sort itself out anyway. The ECU does tend to take a long time to adjust idle speed.

well i have fitted the kit now fully, have made space for the oil breather pipe that was connected to the origional airbox as the carbon kit i bought from fever was broken off. a few pieces later and it was all connected in.

Then i removed the origional grommet from the airbox for the air temp sensor and drilled a hole in the elbow bend and fitted it in there.

Pulled a little more cable from the loom and it slipped in.

no more worries about getting a bad fuel mix now.

here are a few pics, will get more in the daylight

Photo One

Photo Two

Edited by ifraz

yeah, those photos were before i freed a little more wire from the loom, plus when the hood shuts it give it a bit more slack. there is a good 20mm of too and frow in the cable. but i am considering making longer cables. but at least its all neat and tidy.

supercharger is definately on the way, just got a few things to sort before i have it fitted:-

uprated discs

tein coilovers

uprated roll bars

body kit

after that lot is done i will fit me a supercharger!

but for now that roar is very addictive

but for now that roar is very addictive

It is nice a Don i just love the sound of it :winky: have you booted it down in 1st and 2nd when you in 2nd let RPM go up to 4000 and it sounds just like S/C but dont do this to much as you could :tsktsk: the car up :winky: i have to say the car fly,s when you boot it in 2nd and 3rd its just so nice to drive with this kit on the car B) can not wait to get S/C :hehe: