Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Maximum Tank Fill Up In Litres

hertsALTEZZAcol

I went to complete only my second full tank today, rather than partial tank at a time.

Most pumps I use tend to cut off with the safety valve instilled in the petrol pump during all parts of the filling process as the litres fill up.

This is hard to explain, but obvoiously on a UK car the petrol should constantly flow and then the shut off valve in the petrol pump should kick in when it is clear through back pressure that the car tank is full etc, and then you dribble that bit extra in.............

But on my import, the filler neck has been readjusted as per SVA requirements, but when filling, the pump KEEPS CUTTING OUT, and I dont know WHEN THE TANK IS FULL or HOW MANY LITRES A FULL TANK IS......

Can anyone help, so I know when my tank is full?

(breathe)

Thanks.

Alex

you dont run the car on the dregs of the fuel do you? :ph34r:

Some pumps are cack and they do keep cutting out......... I think if the pump flows too quickly it does that, as this has happened on the wifey's civic too.

Try pressing on the lever lightly??

the way I figure it is that if I drain the tank as much as I dare then there is less opportunity for the muck to accumulate, and when I swap from regular to Super the octane rating doesn't take quite such a knock :winky:

well, there is a simple solution to this. When you put ure fuel in just keep the nozzle as far out as possible. I mean dont put it completely in neither let it be completely out but you have to find the ideal spot basically. If i am not wrong then i think the reason it keeps cutting out is because your nozzle might be very close to a solid surface and because of the speed at which the fuel is being pushed in, the tip of the nozzle being close to a solid surface might build up pressure and the pump keeps cutting out.

Ive expereinced that happening with Uk spec cars too. If it keeps cutting out all i do is to pull the nozzle out a bit until its ok and doesnt cut out.

Turn the pump up side down mate, this normally orts the constant stopping and starting whilst filling up...

Yeah just rip the pump right out the ground and turn it on it's head :lol:

I find if i put the nozzle in only just through the plastic flap in the neck restrictor it's fine.

Still PML about 'turn the pump upside down' :lol::lol: