Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lowering My Is200

Don`t go too low with the standard shockers mate... Prob no more than 35-40mm i think...

No doubt someone will correct me om this assumption?

i agree scott,i fitted the spax -25 mm,just right i say for looks,lowering does alter the handling though and comfort,to be honest if i was you i would forget about lowering it and fit 18s,lowering is crap.

also when if you lower it,your insurance will go uo around 70 quid,fitting the 18s ,lexus ones doesnt alter it. :)

I asked my insurance about fitting coilovers all round, and they told me it would just be a £15 admin charge. Guess it depends on the company ;)

mines is lowered on Eibach springs / Bilstein shocks and the 19" rubs slightly with 4 people when cornering on motorway.

I'm waiting my new coilovers to lower it of 5 more centimeters and go back to 17" :ph34r:

mines is lowered on Eibach springs / Bilstein shocks and the 19" rubs slightly with 4 people when cornering on motorway.

I'm waiting my new coilovers to lower it of 5 more centimeters and go back to 17" :ph34r:

5 more CM!!!! :duh: :duh:

Jee Wizzz.... That WOULD look very nice mate..... Watch your exhaust staus with the car though..... mind you i guess the roads in France aint peppered in these damn speed bumps that we are laden with...

Dont go This Low!!!

I lowered mine on Teins but with my low profile tyres something under the front and my HKS Zorst scrapes on the floor, hills, speed bumps, multi story car parks are all no go area's now.

I need to higher it up, anyone know what the safe distance is for the above is from the chassis to the ground?

18`s is always a good plan :)

I have 18's on mine and its not lowered at the moment. The back looks dreadful, sits way way too high. See here for a pic.

The front is Ok though, I could live with it. But the back has to sit the highest ever on any IS I've seen and really spoils the look of my wheels :crybaby:

Mines a Sport too which is supposed to be lower than the S and SE?

Just bought Fever's Eibachs though, should be better then :winky:

Will I notice a big loss on ride quality with them? It was really the Spax ones I was after (25mm) but I suppose 5mm isn't gonna make that much of a difference. Will just have to see :unsure:

I just lowered my IS -30mm with Eibachs thanks to Maz :winky: and i still have 17" and it looks so good now. its not that much loss in ride quality :whistling: as Brettster was saying you get better looks and road holding with Eibachs.

See my Pic,s

http://www.savepic.com/freepicturehosting/...mg=DSCF0020.jpg

all i get now is Boyraces up my ***** all the time, best way to ***** them of is just sit there with a big :D on my face :winky:

P.S Nice car Brettster and i just love the COLOR :winky:

Cheers, i like the look of the lexus lowered 30mm on the standard wheels B)

After seeing some of the pics i can definately put up with some comfort loss, plus i think the back end of my car seems to wonder about a bit more than i like when cornering at high speed :unsure: so any improvment on road holding will be great!!

18`s is always a good plan :)

I have 18's on mine and its not lowered at the moment. The back looks dreadful, sits way way too high. See here for a pic.

The front is Ok though, I could live with it. But the back has to sit the highest ever on any IS I've seen and really spoils the look of my wheels :crybaby:

Mines a Sport too which is supposed to be lower than the S and SE?

Just bought Fever's Eibachs though, should be better then :winky:

Will I notice a big loss on ride quality with them? It was really the Spax ones I was after (25mm) but I suppose 5mm isn't gonna make that much of a difference. Will just have to see :unsure:

the difference between the sports springs and the other 200`s is only 10mm lower up to late 2001,then they made the springs an extra 5 mm lower after late 2001 ,hence 15 mm lower . :) and believe me it took me ages to this info :)