Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Exhausts

whitie

Due to fund (my Misses!) and my on-going hunt for a bargin. :P I've decided to risk a few quid and go for one of those cheap back-boxes you see floating around on eBay.

Has anyone tried one? I've decided to go for one of the following.. plus if anyone has any ideas how much it cost to get fitted etc. that'd be great.. (or if you own a garage, send me a pm with a price!)

Number One

Number Two

Number Trois

i looked at these not long after i got my is, they are generally universal mufflers for any car and have to be welded on as opposed to a bolt on replacement.

it wont fit as is, you will have to cut your muffler and weld the new one on the pipe + weld the support.

I bought mine from eBay too, it kinda look like n°3 but it is made to fit the car and come with all harness

pic1

pic2

pic3

Yeap I know it will need welding, just wondered what it would cost to get a new pipe section put on as well as the brackets etc.

And if anyone thought they were any good.

or this matey here said he could get to the uk with a batch he's sending over but didn't know if it would fit

Yes the back box will fit .

To fit the mid pipe, you have 2 options :

1- drill it and weld a nut to fit back the lambda sensor

2- buy a IS300 Y pipe (Megan Racing makes it too) and modify your lambda sensor wiring to fit the sensor on the Y pipe.

For mine I did n°2

I would highly recommend Megan, it really is worth the price.

if i was you mate i would save up and get a bolt on one,then you have the option of taking it off etc,i have the blitz its great.be patient. :)

ditto! would be worth the wait saving up and who knows you may even get a scond hand one off this site if ya wait a while.