hi, just a quick question will 10x17 wheels fit on the rear of a 95 300? also will 245 tyres fit on the rim?

thanks in advance

phil

I guess you mean 17" diameter and 10" wide not the other way round? ;)

The wheels should fit - The sport had the option of 18x10 so 17s should be fine.

245 may be a little narrow for 10" width wheels.

yeah, 10 wide :D well siting here with the trusty tape measure 10" is roughly 254mm, approx 10mm difference on tyre width. will i get away with it?

cheers for the fast response

phil

10 inch rears take a 275 tyre

Hey 10" rears... I want some!!!!

Still looking for a pair and am determined to get some.

If anyone sniffs any out please , please let me know.

I dunno... you people must have money to burn!!!

:lol:

Stu B)

Don't know about money Stu but would love to burn some rubber on some 10" rear wheels though!!

Sounds good to me! Wouldn't mind trying to get the tail out round an island with those on!!

Stu B)

Hi

Has anyone tried Toyo T1S's on the 10" rears? My local tyre emporium said they were grat but might wear out a bit quick...

Toyo Proxes T1-S are excellent tyres and quite cheap. They do wear quickly but that is the price you pay for excellent performance.

Thanks Colin, I fitted the Toyo's - not a bad price and they seem quite quiet too.

I asked the fitter to check the wheels to see if they were buckled and he said not - it nearly made up for the cost of the tyres. They didn't need much in the way of balance weights - not bad for a car with 135K on the clock :D

I looked into the UK model Sport wheels but they were too expensive to import. :blink: Went with these instead. They are 5Zigen FN01RC's w/ 275/35-18x9.5" on the rear and 245/40-18x8.5 on the front. With the correct offsets, there is no problem with rubbing at all. Tires are Falken Azenis ST115's and they have been great handling wet and dry (and very quiet).:D Good luck!

2004_0511_150004AA.sized.jpg

I have to say, that's a fantastic looking GS you have there! Is that lowered or standard ride height? Those wheels suit it more than I expected.

Stu B)