Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200

My IS200 has seemed to develop a squeaking type noise which I think maybe coming from the front passenger seat. It only happens when going over bumps or on uneven road surfaces.

Don't think its there when there is someone sitting on the seat although can't be 100% sure.

I seem to remember other threads on this so does anyone know if its a common problem on the IS and how can it be fixed?

Thanks in advance,

Gavin :)

When it's making the noise, try slackening your seatbelt or pulling it tighter.

If it quietens for a while, it's likely the stalks that you click the seatbelt into.

Dealer replaced mine - nice and quiet now B)

Others have had success by periodically lubricating where they attach to the seat.

[edit] Hmm, having re-read original post, this might not be relevant :duh:

i have the same thing, its so annoying. i have tried everything, lubricated every visable point i could and still nothing.

even my driver seat has a squeak coming from the inside somewhere? aghhhhhhhhh. and that combined with the sunroof cover sqeaking makes me think im in a damn for somwtimes

i have the same thing, its so annoying. i have tried everything, lubricated every visable point i could and still nothing.

even my driver seat has a squeak coming from the inside somewhere? aghhhhhhhhh. and that combined with the sunroof cover sqeaking makes me think im in a damn for somwtimes

such good quality cars arnt they ;) well rubbish :)

I suspect mines may be coming from inside my passenger seat too. It wasn't always there though, just has started recently.

Have tried holding the seatbelt stalk so its not that :blink:

Mine had similar issue, found to be 1: Sunroof surround black strip and 2: The seat belt loop thing on pillar: both replaced under warranty and silence is restored, Wd40 was no good this time. Common issues so i was advised.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links