Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Did You Modded Your Is Headlight?

Maz

Hi guys, anyone of you here done the mod on your headlight? if you think you can do the things i listed below, then give me a PM, as i need someone who is good at doing the headlight mod to do some mods on my spare set of headlight.... :whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

1/ demantle the headlights and remove the orange indicator lens.

2/ paint the chrome bit to other color.

3/ tinted the clear lens to make it darker.

4/ fitted DDE kit onto the headlights.

if you can do all those, give me a PM please..........please........ :) :) :) :) :)

Maz, I did mine, Pete and Paul did some..

The art is to get hold of a hot heat gun to soften the glue to seperate the lens.. You can get away using 2 hairdryers but it takes longer, but less risk of melting anything.

Once the cluster has been seperated it's straight forward from then on.

yea Maz use Heat gun but as long as you point it away from the lens you should be ok :whistling: it takes about 15-25 mins to do one light :winky: then from there you can do what you like with it B)

to be true guys, i need someone to do this mod for me, as im up to my neck with work for the next few months, plus i just dont have the equipments to do this job properly, so anyone here can offer they service to do this mod, send me a PM, and of course i will pay for the service....thank in advance :) :) :) :) :)

I did this to my Supra.

Basically, Pre-Heated the Oven, put in headlights for 5 mins (Scary I know) makes the glue melt, so you can take apart, then took the chrome backing to a pro to spray them. Put headlights back in oven to melt glu again, then stuck on plastic cover and Voila! I know, breif explanation, but im at work!! lol. For more Info, check out www.mkivnet.co,nz

Worked a charm! Im going to do this to IS soon..