Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

3s-gte in the IS200

problem is £££££,to rip out the internals and feplace with one off's cost to much,i know i can get the pistons,but the rest will have to be sourced,there is also an inherant problem with these engines and forced induction with the vvti,you need a stand alone ECU,which also costs big£££,the problem seems to be with higher boost levels the timing starts to get out of sync,and you get pre detonation!!!!!.........not v-good

You've got a couple of options for 300+ hp.

1. 3S-GTE, this gives you 240 hp as standard and can give you a driveable 400 hp with "some" mods. The engine is not to expensive to get hold of.

This engine is lighter than the IS200 engine.

2. Build the IS200 engine, like you said, with this option you will have a lot of parts trouble.

Most likely an expensive option.

3. King of the swaps still must be the 430 engine swap. 300 hp as standard and with forced induction 400+ hp will only be one step away. Torque will also be up a bit.

This engine will also be lighter than the IS200 engine but will be the most thirsty I think.

4. Put in the Supra TT engine, the 2JZ-GTE. Gives you 330 hp as standard and is upgradable to a save 650 RWHP with stock internals. There is a Huge aftermarket for this engine so parts will not be a problem.

This engine however is a real heavyweight.

That's all the swaps for 300+ hp I can think of.

more chance of finding "rocking horse *****" than finding a good Supra TT engine,and the instalation is supposedly an absolute nightmare,and im not understating that...........im still waiting for an answer back from the 'company' in the UK thats doing the is430,still waiting for the pices on the 3s-gte.........................

"299bhp....too slow..........300+......just perfect"

:smug:

[Edited on 29-12-2001 by superchargedIS200]

just to throw another slant on this,disregarding power at the mo,the engine that is fitted to the altezza in japan is the 210bhp 3s-ge BEAMS dual vvti,TDI do do a turbo conversion for it,but the main thing about this engine is it looks nice and modern,whereas the 3s-gte looks old but puts out over 245 and can be tuned even more

3s-ge engine with turbo

http://www.lexusfans.com/LexusGallery/IS200/280t02.jpg

3s-gte engine

http://www.3sgte.com/3sgte/

so my dilema continues.................

power.................looks...........is both possible

yes,yes,yes,yes,thats what i want,really really want

so it polishes up nice then,i think im almost convinced ..............but still need more convincing,any chance richie of finding a pic of slightly more tame version

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

[Edited on 31-12-2001 by superchargedIS200]

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links