Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I would like to fit a high level brakelight to my Mk1 GS300.

I have a sport spoiler without brake light.

Will the standard high level brake light fitted as standard to later Mk1 GS300's fit (mine's a 1995 model) and be visible through spoiler?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

The series II sport have the rear shelf brake light removed as the raised spoiler is in the way, plus the spoiler has one built into it. I would have thought you may have the same problem with the series I.

Its in the rear shelf very long and thin LED type light ,don't think the sport came with one on the spoiler ,i have the origonal brochure and it is in the rear shelf.

just looked through the GS gallery and there is a couple of cars with the brake lights in the spoiler ,so as tim750r said you have a choice

Edited by mudzs

Mudzs

Is the standard rear brake light integral with the rear shelf or a separate fitting?

It's hard to tell to be honest i would say part of the shelf but i could be wrong as it sits on it not in it :excl:

How have you guys got on wiring one in on the MkI? It would be wrong just to wire it in parallel with one of the other brake lights because of the bulb warning system. Is there a seperate feed or something? Must check my manual when I get time. Was thinking of fitting one too! B)

Stu

Hello again. I keep nosing in here despite being sad and Lexless.

I fitted a rear brake light from a sport to my rear shelf. I had to remove the rear seat to remove the shelf and then had to trim the shelf to get the light to fit. After that, i found a blanked wire in the loom which was the power supply for the light. This was next to the speaker in the middle of the shelf.

It was visible through the rear spoler.

Get the back seat out eh?

Now i'm losing interest!! :lol:

Stu B)

:lol: It's not that bad Stu, had a look at mine when I was tinkering with the Sub. You just pull up the Lower Seat, and then remove the bolts that hold the seat-belt fixings - only 4. Then lift UP the back seat and pull out. 10 minutes and you're done.

Not sure about wiring as mine already has the back light in, but make sense what randyreindeer was saying about the feed wire.

I think my Brake Light is visable through the spoiler, never looked really.