Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

after riding my bone shaker I have decided to but a new set of aftermarket rims

Shame as I liked the sport wheels and was one of the factors i bought a sport because they made the GS look so nice.. normal wheels look pants to me and ruin the look.

I got a quote of £180 for the sport wheels each... as all my wheels were buckled it was gonna be expensive

Still gutted as we worked out nuts off a few saturdays ago refurbishing them and I am gonna end up throwing to the scrappy for beer money.. damn waste

So.. I am importing from Italy a set of Allesio's at £500

Will i ever have any wages to keep for myself... errr no!! Air Con compressor this month too!

take a look at this pic and let me know what you guys think.. these are from the pretige range and are not too sporty/boy racer looking.. give that prestige to suit the car

post-51-1084055953.jpg

chose them because I wanted quite a few spokes to match the cars original styling

Craig.. i never clean wheels so thats doesnt matter LOL

I have a power washer... that cleans wheels no sweat!

also looking to canuba wax the wheels for easier cleaning!

If a genuine set costs around £700 and you would have preffered them, then its not a lot more than the £500 you have spent on these.

You might have even got a set that needed refurbishing on eBay, a set of LS400 wheels went not long ago on there for about £80 that needed doing up.

James

The TTE wheels on sports are crap to be honest.. they look nice but buckle very easily.

Buying second hand ones will be risky and could end up buying more buckled wheels.

TTE wheels also suffer from peeling laquer

So... i would rather save £200 and I do think these look better too!

So thats what counts hehehe

i wanted 10 spoke.. thats what the sport wheels are... did not want too much caliper showing with those tiny disks LOL

trouble is with the GS.. it has a big ***** and so heavy you are bound to buckle any alloy.

8 inch alloy with a 245 tyre

cannot rmemeber the name of the finish on these...

they look like polished alloy

not your normal silver paint!.. which i dont like

the Rondell wheels i used to have had a polished rim.. real nice