Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Having waited for nearly 2 weeks, at last it is here!!!

Unfortunately there were still a few things that needed doing, so have booked the car back in 4 weeks from now. :crybaby:

The Sat/Nav was still security locked, so took it to Lexus Chester.

They were all so polite. Took my keys, came back 5 minutes later, said "All done." Didn't charge me. Fantastic service!!!!!

On the way home encountered a Silver GS (same colour as mine), let it over take me. The lucky sod was driving a 430!!!!! Was it one of you guys?? Friday,M56,1pm??

After 2 days with the car, here's what I think.

Performance: Outstanding for such a big car. Standing start acceleration is tremendous. Mid-range pull is strong. Feels better then the Sunny GTI I had.

Ride: Very good. Not as good as the BMW 5, but still very good.

Handling: Excellent. Huge amount of grip whilst cornering fast. Good feedback from the steering wheel. The GS feels very light to drive.

Interior/Exterior: Build Quality, equipment, ergonomics is amongst the best. Although BMW 5 still feels a bit more solid.

Verdict:

If anyone reading this is contemplating on whether to buy a GS, then DON'T!!!

Just buy it!!!!! I love this car to bits!!!

Right, with that over and done with I now need a bit of help from you guys.

What bulb do I use for the boot, as there wasn't a bulb or a cover?

When I open the either of the rear doors, the interior light doesn't come on.

Is this normal?

The boot lid has fallen on my head twice now, it just feels very, very loose, as if there's no spring to hold it open. Is this normal?

When is the group buy the Lexus mats? I'm using the ones from my Nissan Sunny!!! :blush:

Cheers.

Many thanks.

Glad you are so happy with it! You'll have to let us know what you're getting on fuel. I'm getting 24 ish in my MkI.

As far as the boot light goes, I would presume it's a push in type (if it's like the mine).

I've heard a few people mention the heavy boot lid - especially with spoilers on. Mine has two gas struts to hold it up, but they are pretty poor. If I push my lid right over it's pivot point (toward the rear screen) then it will stay up. Tell you what though, it bloomin hurts!! :lol:

I can agree on the ergonomics, they are second to none. But the MkI interior build is a bit iffy in places. Put it this way, you can tell it's a Toyota if you know what I mean. Bet the MkII is much better.

Stu

The rear door sensors not working is a common fault. The sensors are built into the door locks are cost £££ to replace. If you have a warranty with the car then get it booked in.

The boot lid, if fully up, should stay in place. It will close every easily - just move it down and it will self close. If you look at the back there are two bars which provide the tension. If you pull back the side trim of the boot there are three positions for the bars so you can alter the tension. These are normally used if a spoiler is fitted so the boot will still close but not slam.

Thanks for that guys.

I've already booked my car back in, 4 weeks from now. I've got 3 months warranty so will have the Door sensors replaced.

I'll see if I can sort the tension part out tomorrow.

I'm getting on averge 21.4 mpg (mines the Mark II.)

And yes Stu, it does bloomin hurt!!!!

Cheers.

Yeah, I agree. Your fuel will improve as you get used to the car. I get 24 like I said, so you should get more than that really. In fact, i've never been so relaxed behind the wheel of a car till I got this. I have my mad sessions with the sport button on, but 90 percent of the time I just cruise in it.

Problem is, after a week of working nights at work, the drive home in the morning is hard work. I think the car is a little too relaxing then! It's blowers on and window open time then!!

Stu B)

Your both right!!!

I'm getting about 22.5 today. I've never actually needed to use the Power ECT or the D-4 mode yet. Power seems to be plentiful and the car just goes whenever I want it to.

Think I need more quality time with the car. :winky:

Cheers.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links