Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Won`t Replace My Wheels!

Here is the story, I purchased a Lexus 2 Year service plan from Lexus Croyden, My car had done 59250 miles at the time. I was told the service plan would be with me within 5 days, I thought great I will get the car serviced and get those corroded wheels replaced under warranty while I was at it. Well the service plan arrived 5 weeks later after several phone calls. by this time my car was on 61,000 miles and still under 3 years old. I did not think anything of it that it had passed 60,000 miles as I assumed it was Lexus`s fault that I got to them late and they would still replace the wheels. How wrong was I!!!!

Croyden refused to do anything about, so I complained to Lexus UK and here is their reply:

Further to our conversation yesterday I have now had the opportunity to discuss your concerns with Lexus Croydon and regret to inform that we will be unable to contribute towards the cost of replacing your alloy wheels. As you have mentioned your vehicle is now outside of the warranty period.

Under certain circumstances Lexus (GB) have been in a position to contribute towards the replacement of problematic alloy wheels with a refurbished wheel, which has proved successful in preventing any further pitting.

However, Lexus (GB) are unable to contribute towards vehicles that do not have a full service history with Lexus or which have been purchased from outside of the Lexus Centre network. It is worthy of note that any vehicles purchased from within the Centre network are provided with twelve months warranty and we would expect any selling Lexus Centre to have attended to any alloy wheel issues prior to sale.

In closing, thank you again for taking the time to contact us and I am sorry that we are unable to assist on this occasion

Yours sincerely

Aaron Simmons

Lexus (GB) Ltd

I must add that my car does have a full Lexus service history and according to the warranty book the 3 year manufacturer warranty passes on to the new owner regardless of where it was purchased from. Anyone any ideas what I can do, I expected better from Lexus than this.

That's really bad luck :crybaby:

To be honest i would have expected better from Lexus GB. I had an issue with them recently which was not resolved to my satisfaction.

It does sound a bit harsh, it's only 1000 miles over.

Did you mention the pitted wheels before the car reached 60K?

Surely the issue is with Lexus Croydon.

The wheels should have been replaced before the car was sold.

If it's been bought from a Lexus dealer, did you not get a 12month warranty anyway ?

I'd take it up with the dealer principal there.

Aren't Croydon one of the 'regularly let the side down' brigade ??

Lexus (GB) are unable to contribute towards vehicles that do not have a full service history with Lexus or which have been purchased from outside of the Lexus Centre network

Have you got it serviced outside of Lexus then?? or am I missing something? :huh:

Can I just check something - Did you buy the car from a Lexus dealer? How long have you had the car? (a Lexus service plan is not the same as a Lexus warranty).

I can see what Lexus GB are trying to say but it's still a bit harsh (the car is only just out of the 60k warranty and technically the fault occured before the warranty expired anyway).

The good news is that a refurb is only about £30-50 per wheel (AFAIK even if the car was still under warranty Lexus won't replace the wheels, just refurb them).

(AFAIK even if the car was still under warranty Lexus won't replace the wheels, just refurb them).

They used to replace with new ones but they would just corrode again, I think they refurb them now to stop it happening again.

Can I just check something - Did you buy the car from a Lexus dealer? How long have you had the car? (a Lexus service plan is not the same as a Lexus warranty).

He purchased a service plan but needed to wait for the vouchers to arrive so he could get a service and whilst waiting went over the 60k limit.

So in waiting for the vouchers, which I suppose they could blame on the post (though 5 weeks is a long wait) they missed the 60k limit..

I'd go straight back marching in, with smoke coming out my ears!! :lol:

The vehicle has been serviced by lexus, and no it was not purchased from Croyden Lexus, I am just saying the warranty expired while I was waiting for the service plan to come through. Given Lexus reputation I did not think they would be so strict with the 60K so I wauted for the plan to come through so I would get the service done and get the wheels looked at at the same time. Croyden is a long way from me so I didnt want to go there just for the wheels and then go again for the service.