Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is220 Manual

I need some advise. Wife refuses to drive the car saying that the manual is too stressful. I was considering the IS200 Auto but I am not too sure about that decision. The IS200 manual is woefully lacking low end grunt and the lack of performance will be more obvious with the manual. The fuel consumption will also suffer. How much worse is the fuel consumption on the IS300. Any problems related to lack of low end torque? How reliable are the auto boxes?

My current car is just over a year old and getting a used auto would mean trading it in for an older car. I like 4*4's and love the RX, but I simply havent got the money for one. Also like the Toyota RAV4, but the fuel consumption on the 2.0 Auto isnt much better than that on the Lexus (though the engine is more willing). I drive mostly in and around London.

Any opinions especially from owners of Autos?

I have an IS200 auto, and have had nothing to complain about (except a lack of low end power, but i guess everyone has that problem)

But if u can afford a 300, go for it because i've heard people say that in normal driving, it isnt that much less fuel efficient than the 200, so all the other extras u get with it makes it worthwhile

I too have an IS200 Auto, and although its not rapid, the performance is sufficient and the auto box is well suited to the engine. I think the performance issue is more to do with the engine than the 'box... and I also think to drive the manual quicker than the manual you would need to be very procient at pulling away cleanly and changing gear at the right time.

my 2p's worth ;) :)

P/x 'ing the wife is not un option unfortunately :( cant justify getting a hatchback for her either as I do only baout 6-7k per year. I suppose I'm going to have to take both the 200 and 300 autos for long test drives to get a real feel.

Else - convince her to take up driving the manual. I love my car too much to trade it in for a slightly older used car.

P/x 'ing the wife is not un option unfortunately :( cant justify getting a hatchback for her either as I do only baout 6-7k per year. I suppose I'm going to have to take both the 200 and 300 autos for long test drives to get a real feel.

Else - convince her to take up driving the manual. I love my car too much to trade it in for a slightly older used car.

tell her its tuff,if she doesnt like it then dont bother driving it,whatever a bloke gets a woman doesnt like,sorry i`m in a hate women mood,THIS YEAR!!!!.I THINK THEY ARE FULL OF ****.

• 2 years later...
P/x 'ing the wife is not un option unfortunately cant justify getting a hatchback for her either as I do only baout 6-7k per year. I suppose I'm going to have to take both the 200 and 300 autos for long test drives to get a real feel.

My wife will not drive my IS250 SE-L MM (AUTO) as she says it's too complicated, but she's more than happy to drive our IS200 Sport manual...apart from the occasional gripe that it's not as quick off the mark as her previous manual Astra 2.0 litre turbodiesel :o .

PMSL, but it would still be on page 1498 :o

Maybe they've come in via a Google search or the site search function, I sometimes use Google to search LOC as it comes back with more relevant results at times!