Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Lexus Advert

Quick favour for a friend...

I didn't even know there was a new Lexus advert out, let alone seen it! My friend has seen it and likes the music in it, can anyone help with the artist or title?

Thanks guys and girls!

If it's the RX advert filmed in Barcelona, then it will be a track by Thievery Corporation from an album called 'Richest Man in Babylon'

havent anything from theivery corp for a while, must be a good track ;)

Didnt know ragga/dub was your cuppa tea Ian? :P

I do love all sorts of music..........my ipod has nearly 6,000 tracks on it now! (if you don't have one, you sure need one)

I hadn't heard of Thievery Corporation until LGB told us what the music for the ad was going to be. I bought the album and was very impressed, all good stuff. Do you really think it's ragga/dub though :blink:

Ian

I do love all sorts of music..........my ipod has nearly 6,000 tracks on it now! (if you don't have one, you sure need one)

I hadn't heard of Thievery Corporation until LGB told us what the music for the ad was going to be. I bought the album and was very impressed, all good stuff. Do you really think it's ragga/dub though :blink:

Ian

So when is Mp3 going to be standard on LEXI?? come on ditch the tape players :lol:

Theivery corp are a branch of dub with ragga.

For those that dont know

Dub=An abnormal electric version of reggae... artists such are King tubby, lee perry, mad professor are probably the most well known.

So when is Mp3 going to be standard on LEXI?? come on ditch the tape players

mad professor

MP3 is'nt standard on any car and I don't think it's even an option on any! Someone will come on and tell me I'm wrong though.

Did the Mad Professor do something with Massive Attack?

I'll listen to Thievery Corporation tonight on the way home to see if I get this ragga/dub thing

I dont even think MP3 is on the LS, does anyone do factory fit MP3 unit yet? If lexus made an MP3 and dab unit like the Mini disc changer, I would def buy one if the price was right!!

Yep, thats the same Mad Professor the UKs number dub artist.

Ian the music is dub and vocals are ragga :winky:

It's not Lexus but I think VW did something with the Beetle last year where they built in an iPod cradle so you just docked it and you were away, that sort of thing would be ace and would mean I wouldn't have to use my illegal iTrip!

It's not Lexus but I think VW did something with the Beetle last year where they built in an iPod cradle so you just docked it and you were away, that sort of thing would be ace and would mean I wouldn't have to use my illegal iTrip!

A special edition beetle did come with a built in docking station for the ipod and I think Smart are just about to do one too.

Is the itrip illegal?

I love my ipod, the best toy I have ever had.

Is the itrip illegal?

I love my ipod, the best toy I have ever had.

Yes mate, I imported mine from the USA, I've promised myself one day I'm going to drive down the M1 when there's a bad traffic jam, start playing some Chubby Brown and tune the iTrip into 97.9 fm :winky: I could even play some Britney but that would be just evil!!!

Took it with me to the States at xmas and was using it so that we could play the Bo Selecta song in a few rooms - luckily the radios were back to back but I think the locals wondered what was going on!

I think all transmitters are illegal if you don't hold a license for them, and even though the iTrip is so weak it's still illegal.

It is a good toy though, I've nearly filled my 30GB one up now - there was someone in the news the other day who has got over 60 iPods all full with different songs - crazy!

I have a 40GB with nearly 6,000 tracks on it, I have the iTrip but I think I need to retune it. I haven't tried to be as naughty as you..............yet.

I listened to 'The Richest Man in Babylon' again and can see where you are coming from with the ragga thing now. I also noted some Latin and Eastern type influences.