Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

This Bloody Uk Weather....

just can't understand this blinking british weather....

been waiting for 2 weeks for a break to nicely done up my car....

this morning i had to put my shades on.. not a cloud in sight :zee:

so, got my carin the shade next to the house, washed it, nice!

Stage 1 done....cool

Stage 2 just applied to polish on the entire car...

suddenly, the sun's gone, then thunder claps... No Jokes! :excl:

Now my car is covered in meguiar's stage 2 polish AND soaking wet!!! :duh:

*% :tsktsk: **$&"($& :tsktsk:

typical, just typical

anyone had similar experience, want should i do now? do i wait for polish to dry naturally or should i do something different? any idea?

must get myself a garage!

Hmmm, sounds typical. And you know as soon as the chances of rain diminishes there's always other things out there guaranteed to make a mess of the painwork.

Gave my car a good wash and polish yesterday then went out for a drive. Somehow I managed to drive right through a swarm of assorted insects on the way home so the whole of the front is splattered now. At least it helps cover up the stonechips.

anyone had similar experience, want should i do now? do i wait for polish to dry naturally or should i do something different? any idea?

Either let it dry, wipe off and re-apply or wash with car shampoo, dry and re-apply.

With the weather we have been having at the moment you may want to park in a multi-story and do it there B)

:whistling:

Just managed to beat that weather. Started @ 9.00 with a swift wash to clear the cr :tsktsk: p off the car. I had used the Meg's "Deep Chrystal 1 2 & 3 " a few weeks ago & was pleased with the result. I had ordered a bottle of the Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax to see how it performed. After drying off the car I just used stage 1 only to remove the stage 3 from the previous week.Stage 2 was not required as the surface was "as silk" & I could see the reflection of Mrs W watching me through the window muttering under her breath" what the hell is he doing now ? "

Next job was to slap on the NXT Tech Wax. went on a dream, no effort what so ever. Did the entire car then went round with the "Ultimate Wipe Microfibre" from "Meg's". When I had finished & stood back the results were unbelievable. The depth of shine was incredible, even 'er indoors came out for a butchers & was amazed.

Over the last few months I have been trying all sorts of wax products that are on the market & I can say that this combination of Meguiar's "Stages 1 & 2 " of the "Deep Chrystal " followed by their new NXT Generation Tech Wax is by far the best I have ever used. If you are wondering whether to give it a go then the answer is a big "YES"

I was going to take some pics' to upload when 'er indoors said there was a storm on the way,looked round @ the sky & thought " not on my motor you don't" . Got the car in the garage with 20 seconds to spare ! I understand cars on the M60 nearby had their windscreens taken out in the storm so I hope none of the LOC were caught in it.

Anyway boys & girls, if you are using the Deep Chrystal system forget stage 3 & slap on the Tech Wax you won't regret it.

unlucky mate, its always the way, id give it a good wash and start with stage 2 again as colin suggests.

hmmm, im nearly out of my Meguiars 3 stage now, will try something else next i think, may go for the perfect shine kit, not sure yet.

you're right about that storm martin, it was well nasty, glad i was tucked up nice and warm in my office watching it out the window, wish i had a garage tho, the poor lex took a bit of a battering.