Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is A Lexus For Life Or Just For Xmas

Thats a bit pricey for something that age. I would ignore having LPG unless your doing lots mileage.

Thing is, LS400's are very economical for the size of car as a rule, so if you say do 10k a year and get 28MPG on petrol it would cost about £1200, on gas you get less MPG so say you got 23MPG then taking into account the current price difference between gas and petrol it would cost about £800 so it's not a huge saving.

There are lots of 400's around now so there are plenty to choose from, get yourself a nice low mileage (less than 300k) one for about £3.5k and it'll be fine.

There is a place near me that has a 93 one I think for £3995 with less than 100k on it so there are not that dear on a MKI/MKII now - the MKII's are worth the extra BTW over the MKI even for things just like having air-bags and heated seats but the brakes are supposed to be a lot better too.

But doesn't an aftermarket LPG conversion take up space in your boot?

If so, that's a disadvantage, since the Mk1's boot is smaller in the first place (when compared to the size of the car).

If you are having the job done yourself you can choose what sort of tank you want and the installer should go through all of the options with you, on the LS it is possible to fit it in the spare wheel compartment so you don't take up boot space, only down fall is if you need to change your wheel for any reason.

I thought 5000 for the year with the conversion seemed a good price,as ive had a bit mosey about ,and the going rate for the conversion on a lexus is about 2600 inc vat.I do about 200 miles a week general driving ,a bit of everything,so if i could in essence halve my fuel bill,this would be in excess of £1000/week.Thanks for all your views,and still looking

It won't be quite half because you get less MPG on gas the petrol. Also, LPG prices are going up quite significantly, about 7p next year as government has realised there is little enviromental benefit of it now so the tax keeps going up.

It is still cheaper to run on gas though, but it's more like 65% the cost rather than half.

Hey guys

We are talking here about gas conversion...fine...but what kind of gas conversion. I'm thinking about converting mine.

Do you have direct injection gas system or just normal/standart (nozzle is in intake hose before throttle body)???

I'm thinking about normal one with just a bit more protections against backfire...it's cheaper...

What do you think about it?????

Cheers

Wasn't there a car a while back where it ran on vegetables or potatoes or something strange like that? Can I get a veggie conversion done on my LS400 please? Damn, that would save money, but I'd get funny looks in Tesco buying 100 value bags of potatoes!!

hi guys,

i had my LS converted just after i got it i had loads of problems the 1st few months but they r sorted now.ive done about 35k since and he runs okish but what more could u want,a luxury car with 240+bhp and the equivilent of 35-45 mpg