Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pimp-mobile?? oh! dear! it looks just like mine, so i must be doing something wrong! at least mines got a Lexus badge on the front! :P

very nice grey beard.. but i think you forgot the 20" amg style chrome rims, full skirts and limo tints :P Tell me if it isnt full of hoes after that.

PS invest in a bit of ICE with DAB and blast out '1 Xtra'.... should do the trick ;)

Perhaps tinted windows, that is, if you want to be stopped by police. (I was once in a BMW 850 in cheltenham. they had my name even before I had the window down! But luckily, I have 'Doctor' on my deatails, which helps! It's a Phd-type Dr, but....it works!)

Hmmm, might be worth going to one of those auctions where you can buy titles legally :mat:

very nice grey beard.. but i think you forgot the 20" amg style chrome rims, full skirts and limo tints :P Tell me if it isnt full of hoes after that.

PS invest in a bit of ICE with DAB and blast out '1 Xtra'.... should do the trick ;)

20" rims with rubber band tyres? then i'd lose that sloppy, understeer, limosine style of ride!

and why would wearing a kilt make any difference to anything, unless it's a real hot day?

and limo tints - i think i've heard of those things, but all that white powder getting spilt into the carpets; i don't think so!

and as for a hoe in the car, i can't even get a garden rake in there!

and as for a dab of ice; a quid a bag in tescos for loads of it, so why 'invest'? ah! i see what you mean, but can you get radio 4 long wave on dab, and what about when i go to wales? they haven't even got VHF yet!

and anyway, if i was going to do that stuff, one of the GS430 would suit it better, left hooker or not!

:winky:

Actually, get one of these. I'm saving up for one.

http://www.cars-on-line.com/96impala15743.html

This one is sweet! http://www.cars-on-line.com/96impala12191.html

They are fitted with the Corvette engine with masses of torque, and are heavily tuned up in US. About a foot longer than the LS400 and LHD but it shifts and handles like a muscle car! Always featured in mid 90s pimpin movies.

Greybeard u old :tsktsk:

Manny, are those chevys as reliable as a lex? :blink: Why not go for the SC option yourself?

I wonder that the 5litre conversion consists off....... IS500 :whistling:

Manny, are those chevys as reliable as a lex? :blink: Why not go for the SC option yourself?

The Chevys are very durable and lots of cheap parts for modding in the US. The LT1 engines are proven design.

There is some Aussie Holden Monaro coming out here soon. It uses the same Chevy 5.7V8. Anyway, the gearing is so long (43.5mph/1000rpm), you will be doing less than 2,000 rpm at 80mph?

Hmmm, Q45 is a supposed to be a beast. Can smoke the LS out... :blink::blink:

But at least I would get out on the pavement side ;-) Inconvienient for drive thru burger bars (or for paying tolls) in this country though..Would need a LHD with a front bench seat so you could slide across...unless you have a loud voice and very, very long arms!

Hmmm, Q45 is a supposed to be a beast. Can smoke the LS out... :blink::blink:

But at least I would get out on the pavement side ;-) Inconvienient for drive thru burger bars (or for paying tolls) in this country though..Would need a LHD with a front bench seat so you could slide across...unless you have a loud voice and very, very long arms!

sounds like you have given the LHD a lot of thought :lol::lol:

Still, i dont think and dont know why the Q45 isnt as popular as the LS? 320 or 340bhp standard isnt it?

Chris again on chrome rad strips.

Sorry but I'm a bit non-genned up about how to post pics....at the moment! And I don't have a dig camera. BUT.... try //www.bimmer.info/bmw/jaguar/961safter.jpg

which is the address at the bottom of the pic I downloaded of my particular type (why the address relates to BMW? I don't know.)

I originally got the hint from this site I think and the guy had sold his car but sent me the eBay address. It's a repeated 'auction' £13.50 plus £8 postage from Canada. Good site and sounds keen and genuine. Apart from my hassle with Paypal....

I thought that, as the LS400 has a quite 'silvery' front with its swath of lights, the chrome would enhance this,'colour-wise' so you'd have a band of silver right across the front visually. The firm does all types of Lexus, plus RangeRover.....Obviously they're Plastic, but report from here said they looked 'the business'!

i've got, but not fitted, one of the chrome grill kits. its a number of strips of chrome effect plastic 'U' channel (dutch fold if you know about these things), with a strip of tacky stuff in the bottom of the you. i guess you press them on to the horizontal grill bars, then maybe warm them with hairdrier and push them on. but, they come as a number of strips in a tight roll, which means they don't like to go straight! in the pic i saw, they looked great on the silver car (which mine is) and with a gold metal badge in the centre (which i've bought, but also not yet fitted).

if what i've got would fit well and look good, i'd be very surprised.

:hehe: yeah I mean put a sun strip with paul and julie on a nova and suddenley you have cruise missile with a lawn mower engine in it,but put the wrong alloys on Ls and you could have kelly brooke with steel toe cap boots on :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

give me kelly brook with hobnailed boots - she can drive my lex anytime! :lol:

but i agree with you, apart from getting mine re-sprayed, all i've done is put clear indicators on the front (which is when i discovered the outer ones on each side don't even have bulb holders in them!!)

i'm now in the process of moding the outer ones to take another chrome appearance indicator bulb. other than that, she's standard.

Re-spray, where? How much? Colour? Mine's silver getting a bit marked anmd 1 door is not quite matched.

Regards

Steevee Leevee

:D Further info on the CHROME GRILLE I mentioned previously.

After struggling to get admitted to E-Bay

(being a non user up to then. I think I've got enough possessions as it is, without any further temptations! though perhaps I should SELL some!?)

I got the Chrome stuff ordered.

Came through the post quite quickly, a total of 10 varying length pieces of Chrome effect, stick-on plastic; 6 mm wide.

First impressions were a bit underwhelming, but really, once you stick them along the edge of your rad grille, they look the part. After all, half the 'chrome' on cars these days is Plastichrome anyway.

The only fiddle is having to trim the strips to fit (and then laquer the ends to keep rain out,(though WHY I'm not sure. Perhaps the base is absorbent?)

Ideally. the better you do the preparation the more satisfying it will be (as in most things in life!), so angling the cuts to fit, for example, the curve of the badge, makes the end result look 'fitted/original'.

They certainly seem well glued on, despite only being attached to the front edge of the plastic grille (which, if you look at it, is only a tapered edge with a slot in it) and after 24 hours setting time, should be fine.

I've left the blue protective covering on for now as it looks interesting! But will reveal the full shiny glory tomorrow.

If and when I get my photos done (sorry, non digital here!) I'll try and find out how to get them on here.

Cost? £13.50 plus £8 postage.

Why should Mercs have all the chrome?![

e-mail address is ebay@autogrilles.com

Picture on www.bimmer.info/bmw/jaguar/961safter.jpg (that's a 'series 3)

/FONT]

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links