Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Central Locking Wheres It Gone?

can anyone help me?

been driving around in the car today and parked up and locked it outside of work, went to the car to go home and the remote key wouldnt open any of the doors.

unlocked the car manually then had the alarm going off! put the key in the ignition and the car started, still with the alarm and all its accessories flashing and beeping! been and had the Battery replaced in the remote and the central locking still isnt working any idea whats causing the problem? i dont want to go to the dealers here in belfast if possible cos i called them when the alarm was going off and they didnt seem too interested. the car is starting fine and driveable but its annoying that i now can only open the car by sticking the key in the door. the cars not under warranty, what i dont want to do is take it to the dealers and then have to fork out vast sums for something that can be done and fixed by me.

any suggestions would be great

mac :unsure:

Have you tried another key to prove the key isn't faulty?

If the key is fine then either something is interfering with the signal - however moving the vehicle would solve that problem - or the system has lost the key programming.

tried both keys and none are working, also found a thread to reprogramming keys and that aint working.Incidentally reading through ref the radio mines an old type one and is working fine but the sell buy date is up in august you reckon i should go to dealer and say its not working before it stops working!?

Hi, another N.I. member!

When you called did you call into the Lexus showroom or Charles Hurst Toyota, 29 Boucher Road?

I've always found the staff (esp. parts and service) at the Toyota garage very helpful but the ones at the Lexus showroom couldn't be @rsed, are very snobby and look down on you :angry:

They do all services and repairs of Lexus cars at the Toyota garage and thats where to go if you're after parts too.

Might be worth trying an ECU reset? Disconnect the car Battery for an hour or two, you have nothing to loose (apart from your radio presets!).

Gavin :)

i think i will give that a go gavin and yeah it was on boucher road and ure right they are a smarmy bunch of A***s in there, the girl that works in there is quite tasty though..... ^_^

wont disconnecting the Battery affect anything else cos i was gonna run out now and give it a go bearing in mind its now 11 o'clock i dont want to disconnect it and find the alarm starts going off!!

the missus gets a bit anti social about noise......

Won't affect anything other than the radio and clock. Alarm won't go off.

You could probaby leave it for just 5 mins and reconnect it, should have the same effect.

As for the staff @ Lexus Belfast, don't know how they manage to sell any cars at all. They just look at certain people and assume they won't be in a position to buy a Lexus because of how they dress/look. They are very unhelpful. Also they're approved used cars are very tatty and seem to have little or no preparation before going on the forecourt.

I suppose they don't care though as they are the only Lexus dealer in N. Ireland.

Let us know how it goes with the reset.

Gavin :)

cheers mate will do, im gonna go out now and see if i can wake the neighbours up :D

but they are most helpful when you have to hand over 400 quid for a service, which i did last one, 250 was for labour and it had been valeted when i got it back so i think thats where the labour came into it........ :angry:

just tried disconnecting the Battery and it didnt work so it looks like im gonna have to take it in to them in the morning. no i didnt i bought it from the import centre last year so it doesnt have any warranty left with it. im gonna let them look at it and see if they can sort it out i will just have to pay their price at least it will get sorted out.

got the car sorted today at the dealers, so im happy again :D

and i got a good result cos the cars going back in next week to have a new cd player fitted....ooooh shiny, so thanks to everyone cos if i hadnt read the threads i would never have known i could get it changed under warranty.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links