Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Goldies Meet Part 2

johnboy

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like it's going to be a busy meet!!!!

And if anyone want's your Hiper jack they could pick it up from donington if you've got the new one on by then :)

What time will the meet be? I will try and book half day as I'm on a early 7am start.

We should be able to meet on the M1 Gordon if it all comes together, and that you promise to stop using CAPS LOCK :winky: :winky: :D

is there anyone who could perhaps post some details of what is supposidly meant to be happening

the talk of bbq`s

the mention of castle donnington

where

what time

?????????????????????????????????????????????

:angry:

I tried to contact donington myself and have sent them an e.mail,on friday and have as yet not had a reply.

I have also let steve and claire know whats going on

Am waiting on replies from them too

Ive done my bit

looks like another japfest fiasco ;)

Yeah alright I deserve that one, but please bear in mind that Fri was the first time I could get online since 8th April so haven't been involved in this so far. John's been organising things with Donington but if they haven't returned any calls/emails as yet....

I'll look into another venue as a plan B, but need to know if you've a preference for location -oop North, dahn Sarf or Midlands?

Cheers,

Claire

looks like another japfest fiasco  ;)

Yeah alright I deserve that one, but please bear in mind that Fri was the first time I could get online since 8th April so haven't been involved in this so far. John's been organising things with Donington but if they haven't returned any calls/emails as yet....

I'll look into another venue as a plan B, but need to know if you've a preference for location -oop North, dahn Sarf or Midlands?

Cheers,

Claire

no, you didnt deserve that one claire

please ignore me :)

due to the pissy comments perhaps we should forget it then barrie?

no please dont :blush:

Is there any reason why we can't just turn up? Or would they turn us away? I'm well up for this now - I thought that flu bug going round was bad but I've caught this moddingitis that's doing the rounds!

It won't die (especially if you've ordered a hamper from Fortnum's - beats my M&S sarnies anyday!). John's put a lot of effort into this and I'm helping to follow up.

Don't make any firm plans until you hear for definite but it'll be going ahead end of May/beginning June.

due to the pissy comments perhaps we should forget it then barrie?

Think thats a bit out of order Steve.

Been a distinct lack of committee interest in this.

I can remember the thread that started the goldies meet thread. :ph34r:

To sort something like this out would take no more than 1/2 hour of effort.

Everyone has agreed Midlands.

Sorted the France trip out in 1 hour all in :winky:

Dave

We have admitted we have had problems sorting this.

Claire has been unable to get on the forums due to a computer problem.

Its no one elses problem.. Why do Rod, Matt, mat, zee need to be involved? thats not their job.

I am overrun with work myself... and all in all I am paying for this event.

Claire is on the case and it will be booked in when we have the confirmation.

I dont need comments like that thank you.. I expect some respect or otherwise forget it

Peeps,

Hold on a mo', it is being organised and it's being sorted. This isn't a hard thing to sort out but bear in mind I've been back online for less than a week and would usually have been able to offer more help for a meet. I've left a message for Donington and am chasing in between working 12-14 hour days (and no let up over a weekend) and trying to have some semblance of a home life. Yep, my problem and I wouldn't do it if I didn't give a big fat poo about LOC ;-) Same goes for the rest of the committee! Just trying to illustrate a point.

Please cut us/me some slack and wait - there's not a huge amount of point posting when John and I have left messages etc, but you will hear when it's all sorted, done and dusted and ready for you all to turn up and have fun!

Please be patient - it'll happen, it'll be good and the usual standard of LOC meets.

Cheers all

Dave

We have admitted we have had problems sorting this.

Claire has been unable to get on the forums due to a computer problem.

Its no one elses problem.. Why do Rod, Matt, mat, zee need to be involved? thats not their job.

I am overrun with work myself... and all in all I am paying for this event.

Claire is on the case and it will be booked in when we have the confirmation.

I dont need comments like that thank you.. I expect some respect or otherwise forget it

Steve

Perhaps rather than committee I should have been more specific.

However 2 points.

1) This idea was first suggested late Jan/early Feb this year. Its now late May.

2) I'm 99% sure that as a goldies only meet the BBQ was being funded by Gold subscription money not your own pocket.

Dave

My apologies for being abrupt.. yesterday wasnt a good day mate.

We are sorting this out and we are also sorting a few other meets out at the same time such as the curry night etc.

The problem is if we post a date then everyone starts planning when really we need to post a firm date with the venue then give you guys a firm solid ground to plan to.

I myself am looking forward to it as much as other members are and hopefully will turn out to be a smashing day.

See you there!