Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Goldies Meet Part 2

johnboy

Steve - i appear to have misunderstood; i assumed that the cost of the event would be bourne by those attending? seems reasonable to me.

as you and claire are so busy now, should we put back the date to ease off the pressure?

:offtopic: why's a 'goldies only' meet being discussed in the public forums? many of the ordinary members may have been put off joining gold by reading the petty bickering contained within some of the posts.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If people have any sense they'd join Gold [;-)]

Anyway, in any 'families' there's always some bickering. We actually only put it on to provide entertainment value. In reality all Gold members live in a hippy commune in the South of France and have group hugs every morning - but of course, it's too boring to say that on the forums, so we have to pretend to have a moan every now and again.

hmmm, I should really lay off the caffeine!

If people have any sense they'd join Gold [;-)]

Anyway, in any 'families' there's always some bickering. We actually only put it on to provide entertainment value. In reality all Gold members live in a hippy commune in the South of France and have group hugs every morning - but of course, it's too boring to say that on the forums, so we have to pretend to have a moan every now and then

yeah, thats right claire !! :)

we are one big happy family really B)

addams family springs to mind :lol:

i am the grumpy bald headed bloke :)

Greybeard.. we are supplying some stuff like meats, rolls etc etc... and the Barbeque.. if members have a particular taste then they are welcome to bring something along.

It is a bring a bottle event though

I am arranging transport for Barbeque and a chiller unit for the food.

Pete volunteered to be chef... good on ya pete ;)

Also i think it may be a good idea to get form for people to add their name to.. I need to know how many are coming

Unless someone wants to do a count up.

I'll be there - sounds like that dodgy old song!!! As for people not wanting to join gold, wtf?! I've saved well over £500since joining gold (probably quite a lot more than that but I'm scared to admit it!)

Not wishing to steal John's thunder as he ultimately got the ball rolling, but.... we are booked in at the Donington MUSEUM in the Ayrton Senna Memorial Gardens on 6th June (a Sunday).

There is a discounted entrance price of £5pp should you wish to visit the Grand Prix Collection Museum.

Please note we are being charged for the venue and as such will be asking for a charitable donation per person (min £5 please) to be made to the museum towards the upkeep of the garden.

The Club is paying for food (please bring drink), BBQ, Chiller unit and the transportation, and will also be paying a substantial amount for the hire of the venue.

I will start a new thread for you to post if you are coming or not, so that we can get an accurate picture of numbers to cater for food.

I'm not sure if I can make it or not, but am trying to rearrange things, but I hope you'll all agree after the event that it was worth the wait.

Big thanks to John for getting this kicked off!

i can but my son was hoping to come along and he can't make the new date. at least the traffic should be easier as it's not a bank holiday weekend (somebody will tell me it's wakes week, or whatever its called 'ooop narth')

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk