Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Driver Dies In Crash

imi

This happened yesterday over hear in Huddersfield :

"Driver dies after lorry collision

A motorist has died after his car was involved in a crash with a lorry in West Yorkshire.

The accident happened in Wakefield Road at Grange Moor, Huddersfield, 200 yards from the junction with Paul Lane, at about 0740 BST on Wednesday.

The Lexus IS200 was travelling towards Grange Moor when it was in collision with a black and white Scania lorry.

The 41-year-old driver was pronounced dead at Huddersfield Royal Infirmary. The lorry driver was not injured. "

:ohmy::sad: it's sad to hear this, but the driver must have been travelling at some speed though!

I know that road well (only a couple of miles from where I live). Paul Lane is that awful right hand turn at the top of the hill (as you're driving out of Huddersfield) isn't it? Some people think that the middle lane is for overtaking slow-moving traffic as you're going up the hill without realising that there's usually a queue of cars trying to turn right on the crest.

I've seen a few close calls on that road over the years - maybe the council should do something about it now that someone's died there. It's strange that they went so mad about slowing all the traffic down through Flockton which is only a mile or so further on.

I know that road well (only a couple of miles from where I live). Paul Lane is that awful right hand turn at the top of the hill (as you're driving out of Huddersfield) isn't it? Some people think that the middle lane is for overtaking slow-moving traffic as you're going up the hill without realising that there's usually a queue of cars trying to turn right on the crest.

We have a few roads like that in gloucestershire, expect its one lane going down the hill.... Anyways it all to do with concentration.

Condolences to the family, and this unforetunate event should be a lesson to all of us. :(

Driver may have even been a member :question:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links