Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Exhaust For Is200

Spent the day doing some research on prices etc. for various back boxes for my IS200.

Not really interested in Jap style HKS, Blitz, Apexi etc. ones as I want something a bit more discreet. Don't like the TTE ones either as I prefer one with an all stainless steel look and the box part of the TTE is black AFIAK.

A few companies I was in contact with had this to say (this one regarding the Sebring):

Hello

Thanks for the email.

Sebring do a Tailbox for the IS200 but it doesn't fit the sport model with

bodykit as tails are differant.

Now I've got the TTE rear skirt on and I phoned them up and explained the two different skirts (TTE and TRD) and asked them did they know which one it is or both it wouldn't work with but they didn't know :yawn:

My question is, does anyone know of any fitting problems with any specific exhaust boxes combined with rear skirts, be it TTE or TRD?

Also, what types of exhaust do you guys with the TTE skirt have on?

Thanks in advance

Gavin :)

P.S. Found a company in the US who can supply a new Blitz NUR Spec for $400 including shipping. Its for the IS300, though I'd assume it fits the IS200 too? Seems like a good deal for someone who's interested.

Gavin, have you spoken to Alex about the Nur Spec?

I also priced them up on Takakaira before I got the Hiper and they do a very good price with shipping.

When you say you want discreet do you mean quiet or small??

If you mean quiet then what about buying n30jjb's silent hiper?

A straight is300 backbox swap won't fit the 200

i thought fargo did a straight swap with his hks superdrager from is200 to 300?

surely it would be the same reversing the procedure?

But isn't that from a UK spec IS200 to a IS300?

I was looking at a bodykit from the USA, the stillen one, but when you look at the size of the rear bumper it is huge compared to the UK one, you could rest a 4 pack of beer on the bit that protrudes out the back!

A straight is300 backbox swap won't fit the 200

Ok, I stand corrected on that one :P

Aido, like I said I'm not that keen on jap style. I could live with the NUR Spec as it looks good and doesn't have the angled exit of the Hiper. Not too keen on angled exits. BTW, Fensport can sell one for £342 incl. P+P

When I say discreet I mean both quiet and small, although I'd be more concerned about it being too loud!

n30jjb's Silent Hiper looks good, but there are probably loads of peeps on here with their eyes on it so it would be almost impossible to get! Is it for sale yet?

As dobedo has poined out, the TTE would be the logical option, just don't like the black on it. As for it not being seen, I can see the box of the OEM exhaust at the moment so I'd assume I'd see it on the TTE as well as it looks near identical in shape to the OEM?

Gavin :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links