Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well Done Jasear, Now I Have Another Bugging Probl

hertsALTEZZAcol

Thats a shame as if it was sold by him through his bussiness you could just take it back ,i would try to find out how long he has had the car and wether or not he imported it to sell or for himself also has he sold previous cars as this would make him a trader and give you far more rights ,as a private sale you have not a leg to stand on i'm afraid.the only thing to do is to tell him the problem and insist on your money back or he compensates you for the difference in mileage ,If that fails perhaps eBay can help

was advertised in sellers ebay store as "cwmbran quads and bikes" in fact??????

Then i would go down the route of acusing him of being a trader ,was the log book in his name before you bought it ,is your reciept on his company paperwork and is the sale going through his company ,if you paid by cheque what was it made to him or his company

I take you have informed him of this problem,was the cambelt change done by a dealer or by himself ,just thinking if you know who did it you could find out the mileage at that time and then have some ammo as to when the clock was altered as he states there is a receipt for the work.

So it could well be clocked by previous owner although that is a good price for cambelt and pads ,i would phone the garage and ask some questions ,how far is this garage from were you bought the car is it local or is it nearer to previous owner .I wonder if the seller took car in p\x for a bike or something as if he did car would show on his books and thus make it a trade sale

am autos

hampshire

owner lived in dorset,

seller was in south wales?

O.M.F.G.?

:o Been about abit that car then.I would do some digging with garage previous owner etc over the next day or two and then phone trading standards and c.a.b for ammo ,then phone him and hope he crumbles for a refund,i think you will uncover more :tsktsk: on this car before the weeks out ,good luck

sorry to hear about your troubles mate, i should think you definitely have a case and would take all evidence and info you have to a local solicitor for a free initial consultation.

by stating that the car is in mint condition he is actually selling the car with a warranty. i'll tell you the story of my first car and you can hopefully take any relevant parts and apply them to your situation.

i purchased my first car privately for the huge sum of £300!!! after a few days of ownership problems started and i discovered that the engine wasny actually mounted, the brakes failed sending me thru a hedge into a field and the handbrake ceased on quite badly. i sent they guy a letter recorded delivery asking for my money back and he could have the car back, i stated that if he did not do this i would take him to court. i was able to recover all my money, damages, expenses in the small claims court because in the description he advertised it as 'an ideal first car'. the judge at the small claims court said that this phrase was selling the car with a warranty in effect as obviously an ideal first car wouldnt have any probs despite the age of the vehicle. i walked away with nearly £1k for my troubles and promptly bought a better car.

this was back in 1996 so if the laws havent changed i would say that because he stated the car was in mint condition you should have a case along those lines as well as misleading/incorrect advertising.

and by the way my IS has 103k on the clock and it drives as good as any courtesy car ive had from lex with considerably lower mileage :D

Sorry to hear about your problem you have to be wary when you buy private.

prob best thing you could do to prove if he is a trader is phone up the previous owner and ask them when they sold the car did they fill in the motor trader part on the v5 as the way the new rules for v5 and car tax are its probably likely that the previous owner filled in some part of the v5 and sent to the dvla as its not really an option now not to fill in the v5.It sounds like he is in the trade as that would be the only reason why his name is not on the v5 as motor traders don't registar it in there name if the motor trader part of the v5 is sent off.

If this is the case then you would have some come back but you would need to send a letter to him first outling the problem and giving him a deadline of say 7 days to reply and address problem if not then contact trading standards.I would notify eBay just now.I pressume you got a recipt for the car!!!!.

If he is just a private seller it would be pretty hard to get your money back as they will say the onus is on you to check out properly if you thought there was a discrepency with the mileage.

i was a car salesman for years so thats how i know this !!! thats probably easiest method is to phone previous owner and ask them how they sold the car and why

but you really should have done this at the start and got it hpi checked.

Hopes this helps you out a bit

I really feel for you mate!!!

Especially as nearly bid on this car!....( But i thought it smelt a bit fishy)

My advice to you, would be: PHONE BIMTA

If he sold you the car stating it had a BIMTA certificate with mileage certification, Obviously it has done more miles than he said, and he lied!!

BIMTA come down heavy on those using there name falsely, and rightly so...

So phone BIMTA and tell them that the firm you bought it from are mislead you, by using BIMTAs` name..

Here is there telephone number: 01892 515 425

This has really wound me up, to the extend i am considering telling one of my "mates" to go "buy" shall we say... a load of his quads!

Let me know how you go on mate, and if i can help in anyway,shape or form let me know..

Scott

Your bound to be happy with the car mate.... and i am glad about that, butthiese baffoons shouldn`t be allowed to get away with it....

With that mileage, you should have got the car for less... and moreto the point, it should have been advertised correctly...

Keep at `em bud!