Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Lex-first Impressions!

Got my new lex at last!

Very nice, SE Auto in Granite Sky, new alloys, full leather etc.

Some observations from my recent change over to a Lex.

Interior- nice, but I miss the steering wheel mounted audio and fuel computer.

Engine, nice sweet six pot, slower than an equivilent BM, but seeing that the last car got me 9 points on my licence I'm not complaining!!

But overall, I LOVE IT!!!!!!

Nice one fella, now I can say great colour to someone (just wait til she shines in the sun!) :P

I missed the audio control on the wheel but to be honest after about 2 weeks I'd forgotten all about it as the Lexus radio is designed to be ergonomic so all the controls are on the side of the radio near to you.

Enjoy - bet the mileage will start racking up soon - I still sometimes just decide to take the long way home to give it a good dabble - the car loves being pushed to the limits!

Welcome. The engine loosens up considerably after the first 1000 miles or so. After that and towards 10,000 the improvement in performance is even greater. Alhough most criticise the IS200 for it's slow feel, it's actually fine. Gearing etc. can take some getting used to...

Enjoy :)

welcome to the club mate.....had my IS200 SE (granite sky natch...best colour...lol) just over a week....chuffed to bits with it, though would have to warn you about petrol costs....as aido states, you find yourself finding the long way home, just so that you can drive it that little bit longer....oh and btw, the silly grin will stay a long time