Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Engine Uneven Speed Change

devdale

Has anyone experienced uneven throttle response leading to engine acceleration and deceleration. At about 1500 to 2000rpm in second gear in traffic queues when trying to gently increase speed there is a sudden lurch and when slowing down again the engine suddenly slows. All leads to a jerky ride in slow traffic. All else seems OK with the engine. Done about 35,000 miles and serviced normally. Any advice? Thanks. :unsure:

Thanks for the link. Could be the throttle like the replies say. It is not mechanical (clutch, gearbox). I don't remember it happening from new though so something may have altered. The throttle is strange though. If you slam your foot down it takes about half a second to respond. You can have your foot off again before it changes revs. Must be the fly by wire throttle? Shame as I seem to spend most of my time in traffic jams at the moment and it's hard to keep it above 4000 revs!! ;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links