Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A Little Vote Folks

right my car is going away to get the glass tinted in 2 weeks im faced with the dilemma of what tint to get.

I have a Platinum Ice is200s, all windows are non tinted at moment !!!

these are the options :

a) two fronts done in 25% and rear in 35% ( it may even be 35% front 45% rear)

B) all round done in the recommended legal tint , quite light around 25 or 35%

c) all round done in the darker , prob just illegal but most likely wont get a pull seen as it aint a corsa etc

the whole police thing aint a problem as my mum is in the police in my local area and im currently going through my training so its ok in a way lol !!!

i just dont wanna get light - dark then think oh sh*t wish i had went all dark

just tryin to see wat most people have opted to do on here

i hate making decisions

If you get pulled with the dark tint you will have to take it off Cos he will be looking out for you next time!!!

I would go for legal tint same all the way round, but thats me!

Option A is what I went for , no problems from the fuzz. And the fact that the rears are dark means the car is dark inside , making the fronts look darker than they are. Very few people notice mine are different front to rear except when up very close. B)

well you always have the option of playing the intelegence card if you want darker tints. Now we all know that if you have the gift of the gab then you can get out of anything.

Well here are a few things to use to your advantage:-

There is not yet at present a SVA aproved light meter that can 100% give a reading to the light transmission of the tints, there are crap ones that can barely do the job (that the police use!) and they will have to provide you with the calibration certificate! if they cant then you get away. unless you do have limo tint!

blag that the film is a special photochromic film that gets dark during the day and lighter at night and that it cost a bloody fortune. lol.

in the end the police are like the kid at school that knew all the words in the book but couldnt write for themselves, they cant deal with things when you answer the questions they pose in a complete and perfect manner.

Enjoy yourself and get whatever tint you want. lets stop this totalitarian state before they start making us all drive the same cars etc! i have had 80% tints for over a year now and no trouble as of yet and im 22!

im geting limo black all round next week :D

come on surely that aint safe?

if i can see out of the window ok thats all i need, as i dont pull out when i fill like it :whistling: if you go round like a boyracer then no it would not be safe to have but as im 33 with wife & Kid i think i know when to look, as i all ways do :winky:

If you get pulled with the dark tint you will have to take it off Cos he will be looking out for you next time!!!

I would go for legal tint same all the way round, but thats me!

agreed. You'd be screwed if you had to make an insurrance claim and you weren't legal!

well i dont suppose any of you have possibly considered why the authorities have started clamping down on the use of tints

they make you see less !!!!!

without the the slightest doubt they impare your visibility

yeah they look cool

yeah no one can see you

but hell you can not see properly !!!

like you would`nt wear sunglasses indoors would you

perhaps you would :ohmy:

look it on the fact that a 35% tint has reduced your sight 35%

its like a person who wears specs saying i wont wear them cause i look cool without them B)

you wont look so cool when you have an accident , and its your fault !!

technicaly it is only removing 35% of the transmitted/reflected light wave.

therefore you are not loosing sight of anything until you get realy stupid dark limo tints. you still have 65% of that reflected light wave making it to your eyes.

but its all about personal choice in the end, there is no law to make you wash your windows is there, a nice muddy window transmitts bugger all light yet isnt illigal, strange that.

technicaly it is only removing 35% of the transmitted/reflected light wave.

therefore you are not loosing sight of anything until you get realy stupid dark limo tints. you still have 65% of that reflected light wave making it to your eyes.

but its all about personal choice in the end, there is no law to make you wash your windows is there, a nice muddy window transmitts bugger all light yet isnt illigal, strange that.

technically :of course you are .....about 35% of it

go and take an eye test with 35% impared vision

you will be prescibed a pair of glasses B)

there`s also no law saying you shouldnt stick cocktail sticks in your eyes before driving !!

we should as sensible people choose what we think is the sensible option

im pretty sure now ill go for the same all round , limo tint isnt an option too dark on a light car me thinks will maybe go for the just darker than lightsmoke ones all round should suit it nice , im also needing some 17s or 18s dependin on price etc so if anyone has any let me know !!

im pretty sure now ill go for the same all round , limo tint isnt an option too dark on a light car me thinks will maybe go for the just darker than lightsmoke ones all round should suit it nice , im also needing some 17s or 18s dependin on price etc so if anyone has any let me know !!

Your avatar looks like you already have tints and 18" alloys (plus it looks dropped)....

Or am I missing something.... :blink:

thats not my is thats one i found on cardomain , nice innit

im lookin for springs to put on it but dont know wat ones

also lookin at wheels but dunno if 17 or 18 is wiser

dont know much about the lexus as iv just got it

think this will come under keeping your car well maintened and in working order thingy.. ie if it has snowed you are supposed to not only clear your screens but remove most of it from the top and of the car as it could fly off and cause the person behind you a bti of a problem..no what i mean guv..

well i dont suppose any of you have possibly considered why the authorities have started clamping down on the use of tints

there's also a more sinister reason - 'they' are gonna start taking pictures of the fronts of cars so that 'they' can prove who's driving (cos lots of wives and girlfriends are getting tickets for speeding in their blokes cars!). a decent tint on the front, especially something that had a reflective capability, would stop the cameras identifying the driver.

there's also a more sinister reason - 'they' are gonna start taking pictures of the fronts of cars so that 'they' can prove who's driving (cos lots of wives and girlfriends are getting tickets for speeding in their blokes cars!). a decent tint on the front, especially something that had a reflective capability, would stop the cameras identifying the driver.

Maybe this is the answer:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...2244705321&rd=1

:ph34r:

they are not worried who is driving

as long as someones name is put forward

if no name is put forward, then it is the resonsibility of the registered keeper

and they will face any penalties

their view is that if other people use the vehicle, it is the owners resposibility to know when and who is driving