Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

what will happen to my car if i change the 16 rim to 18" Rim??

everyone told me that the car will not be fast and i will be having problems in the engine!! is it right??

if no than which company of rim is better???

The UK GS Sport model comes fitted as standard with 18" wheels. The tyres are 245/40 ZR18.

If you use that size then there will be no problems with speedo/odometer calibration, gearing or engine/gearbox ecu.

Acceleration would depend on the weight of the wheels/tyres compared to your 16" ones although it won't make much difference.

My mk1 has standard sport wheels(18") instead of the se models 16".for some reason the speedo reading is out by 10mph at 90mph so reads 100 instead of 90 .why do's this only affect the mk1 and not the mk2 as the wheel size is the reason i was given for this

My mk1 has standard sport wheels(18") instead of the se models 16".for some reason the speedo reading is out by 10mph at 90mph so reads 100 instead of 90 .why do's this only affect the mk1 and not the mk2 as the wheel size is the reason i was given for this

depends what you are reading as the true speed

all speedos will read higher

even more at higher speeds

at 90 mph a 10% over reading isnt unusual

at 30 mph it would read 33mph

best to over read slightly, than under

i think by regulations they have to err above

what will happen to my car if i change the 16 rim to 18" Rim??

everyone told me that the car will not be fast and i will be having problems in the engine!! is it right??

if no than which company of rim is better???

absolute codswallap

as long as the profiles are correct there will be very insignificant difference

the company of rim :

well that will be ...........

the lightest ones

the best looking ones

the ones that produce the correct size ones

and most of all... the ones you like best!

:)

All UK cars read over. At 44mph indicated the Sat Nav says 41mph on my car. The different wheel sizes will + or - a couple of mph at 80mph if the correct tyre sizes are used.

Also worn tyres will make a difference. 8mm tread down to 2mm will make a couple of mph difference at 100mph.

I know they have to read higher than you are doing but at 100 road angel reading the speedo says 115 ,this seems to far out to me ,plus when my father in law follows his reading is only just out compared to the road angel unlike mine what is miles out .same with my van when i use it in that 80mph in my van gives a road angel reading of 78 ,would try it at higher speeds but there are no hills steep enough for long enough :P

thanks guys...

ohhh and one more thing!!!!

i'm GIRL 22years old!! but i'm crazy about cars!!!

well the biggest problems you will have is , all the laydeeez coming upto you when you get out the car 

:whistling: