Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello people

The vehicle in question is a MKII GS300 R reg on 1998 plate .

Can anyone advise on how the petrol guage sets its self after a refil.

Reason for asking is that I have have converted over to LPG and the needle is moving as if petrol is being used.

Is the needle moving electronically ie based on mpg rather than actual volume in tank.

The problem with the Sat Nav is that I have removed the CD and replaced with ver 3.7 borrowed from Lexus Library, but it is not reading the ver3.7cd and now not readiing the oriignal ver1.3 cd. Is there a reset switch or another way of srting out the read problem on the cd.

Thank you.

Regards

Awais :driving:

The fuel guage uses the actual volume in the tank. Maybe part of the LPG conversion moved the guage over to read the new tank?

The Sat Nav should be able to read 3.7. I don't think there are any backwards compatibility issues (there are with the early DVD based discs) so your old disc should also work fine. I would try putting in a CD lens cleaner and then retry the discs.

The petrol guage reasoning sounds plausible, will check on next lpg refil.

But no resolve on the SAT NAV, iIhave used a CD rom lens cleaner but reading of cd rom is intermittent, ie it will read the GPS locationof car but will not traverse a route.

Have booked in with Lexus to hopefully resolve.

Awais

Hello people

I have been into Lexus and they inform me that the ECU in the sat nav is faulty, and the whole unit needs to be replaced at a cost of £2k.

Does anyone know if the ECU can be repaired or 're-conned' or if there is an after market product that can be fitted to the existing system.

Awais :sad::sad:

There isn't an aftermarket system that will hook in as the system controls the audio, heating etc as well as just the sat nav.

I didn't think you would have much luck with Lexus. They will just replace the fault part.

It may be worth getting somebody to strip it down and clean the lens etc and maybe just the drive mech. can be replaced.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links