Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How Do I......

Have just got myself a "200 Apline Bass Box", fully enclosed and carpet'd in a grey twist pile - the same as the boot colour - :D , got this from Lexus Jim - Many Thanks Jim.

Tested the box on half volume and I can shake a 1 Ltre Bottle of water OFF the spolier and (with the use of the remote) on full volume, can make the back window pulse, (went to an remote place to test), but the sound is not making its way into the car, the reason is I have a 90 Ltre Feul Tank in the way, Any one have any ideas as to the next step to get the bass inside the car rather than just the boot. I have a 15" Sub on the Parcel Shelf but is not working at preasent, needs replacing as I blown the thing in half - :blink: seperated the cone from the magnet, not sure how,

Would porting the parcel shelf have an effect, it's a bit of a job to port the rear shelf so would like to know before I attempt if it would work.

Cheers

Paul

Cheers, will be having a play around with the subs and will see what happens. I must be getting use to the small amount of bass, it's starting to sound good, either that or the rear sub is being ripped aprt slowly - :lol:

You can get just cones (just a sub without the magnet!) that would fit in place of the 15" parcel one, and that one would resonate at the same frequencies as the sub in the boot due to the air movements in the boot, and would help getting the sound into the cabin. Probably better than just a hole! Worth a go maybe as they can't cost much! I think maybe Alpine do one, but probably not the cheapest!

Cheers Carlos, will look into this and let you know how I get on, will not be this W/E though, got some decorating to do :angry: but hopefully will be able to get on and have a go next week some time.