I want to change my shift knob as the leather is wearing and a new one costs £100 eeekkk

so I got thinking.. I never use the O/D button on the side so can i pull out the wiring though the stalk and re-locate it using a swich in the wood panel like the ECT switch then use a manual replacement type knob instead.. what do you think would this be possible.???

craig

Dont forget the shift release button too!! The electrical switch won't be a prob, you could just short it completely if ya don't use it.

Stu B)

ermmm my shift button does not work..lol you dont need to push it it to move stick... well i dont think so... awww now you got me thinking maybe i just automatical do it and dont realise... got to go check now..lol

O,k forget that idea then..lol it does work.. when you need reverse or park.. doh... back to the drawing board

craig

have a look at Pro Lex..

see my one in me garage

does it have the shift button on it though as i could not see it in the pic????

craig

I'm changing the gear knob on my auto too, is your selector integrated with the stick?

On the mk II i think the selector is independant. Veilside do a great looking silver octagonal topped selector for £60 :driving: