Sign in to follow this  
?UESTLOVE

Fog To Brake Light Conversion

Re-check your connections mate - there are loads of folks I know who have done this conversion in the UK (inc. myself) have had no problems...

Hey guys,

I followed these instruvtions:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/attachmen...LIGHT%20MOD.doc

But one thing that is not happening for me is, when I turn my headlights on, and then press the brake, the rear fog lights stay on. Is there something Ive missed??

sounds like the diodes?

I skipped that part, and tested and thats what happened.

If ya cant get it working, i'll take a look at it for ya at the next meet (which still has to be planned!)

that will only happen if the diodes or a diode is missing, check that u have them in the right places also.

Hmm,

I used 3 Diodes as per the instructions. First I used the 2m cable i bought, connected that to the green and white wire connection to the lh brake light. I then placed the Diode just ontop of that connection. Opened up the plastic on the boot arm, found the fog light wires (Green and Yellow I think) tepped into them with the cable, and then placed the other 2 Diodes ontop of those connections.

Sound ok to you guys??

:unsure:

Can someone tell me where to find instructions for this mod? The link posted above doesn't work and I have looked in "Knowledge" and no joy? :duh:

Maybe I should wait until I actually wake up............. :mat:

check that you have the diodes at the fog light connect the right way round as any feedback into the fog light circuit will cause them to remain on after the brake pedal is depressed.

Thank, Ill check that out tonight! I thought, if you have it the wrong way, it will stop flow all together ??